Windows 10: How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So let's say I minimize a few firefox windows... well, their thumbnails get deleted after like 10 seconds. Why is that? 156970 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by LSD, May 23, 2020.

1. LSD
    LSD Win User

How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize?

So let's say I minimize a few firefox windows... well, their thumbnails get deleted after like 10 seconds. Why is that?

:)

2. gester Win User

Minimize and thumbnails

Hi,
    I just got a new Dell computer with Win10. when I minimize a page an icon appears at the bottom of the screen in the taskbar (?) and a thumbnail picture appears at the right side of the screen. I don't want the thumbnails and I haven't found a way to stop them with out stopping all thumbnails. I just don't want minimized pages to show up on my desktop.
    Any ideas?

Thanks,

gester, May 23, 2020
  3. Stop Windows from automatically deleting thumbnail icons.

Not trying to step on your toes, but your comment is totally 100% False.

Seriously, you are sending this guy on a useless wild goose chase.

This is the real facts and how to stop it for good. Mine is over 2GB and not going anywhere from now on.

Stop Windows Auto Deleting Thumbnail Cache "Revised"

seahawks65, May 23, 2020
  4. How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize?

Stop Windows from automatically deleting thumbnail icons.

I naturally wonder whether you are official spokespersons for Microsoft. "We suggest..." "Update us..."

Another group of your team members [They call themselves Xylee Del.] reports that the deletion of thumbnails is a designed-in automatic feature of Windows 10, intended to reduce hard drive clutter.

Grandpa Jim, May 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize?

1. How can I stop Windows 10 from deleting thumbnails after I minimize? - Similar Threads - stop deleting thumbnails

2. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  3. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it: Many users have encountered this issue over the years. Registry tweaks and scheduled task adjustments often fall short after a while. Fortunately I've found a workaround from Windows 7 which is somehow still working on Windows 10 and even 11, by adding the following...
  4. Moving Thumbnail cache and stop Windows from deleting it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. After getting windows 11, if I hit F1 in any game it will minimize itself. How can I stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After getting windows 11, if I hit F1 in any game it will minimize itself. How can I stop...: I am on a dual monitor setup too. Never had any issues with this on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-getting-windows-11-if-i-hit-f1-in-any-game/6f2152e4-a527-4826-a65b-039e152fd030
  6. After getting windows 11, if I hit F1 in any game it will minimize itself. How can I stop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After getting windows 11, if I hit F1 in any game it will minimize itself. How can I stop...: I am on a dual monitor setup too. Never had any issues with this on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-getting-windows-11-if-i-hit-f1-in-any-game/6f2152e4-a527-4826-a65b-039e152fd030
  7. How can i stop windows from....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can i stop windows from....: controlling everything ! Ok, not everything, but i have so little control over this OS it makes me wonder if this PC is even mine. I cannot stop windows from updating, and then when it does so w/o my permission it starts installing things i don't want. You buy a car and it...
  8. How can i stop windows from....

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i stop windows from....: controlling everything ! Ok, not everything, but i have so little control over this OS it makes me wonder if this PC is even mine. I cannot stop windows from updating, and then when it does so w/o my permission it starts installing things i don't want. You buy a car and it...
  9. Can I stop windows key from Opening start and minimizing screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I stop windows key from Opening start and minimizing screen?: I do still want the system to register that the windows key is pressed because I'm remote accessing using chrome remote desktop my mac and I need the key to be registerd...
  10. Minimize and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    Minimize and thumbnails: Hi, I just got a new Dell computer with Win10. when I minimize a page an icon appears at the bottom of the screen in the taskbar (?) and a thumbnail picture appears at the right side of the screen. I don't want the thumbnails and I haven't found a way to stop them with out...