Windows 10: How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission?

Discus and support How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This is the second time in a few days that Windows 10 has rebooted itself --for a virus definition update of all things... totally wiped out my working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M A Weiss, Jun 12, 2019.

1. M A Weiss Win User

How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission?

This is the second time in a few days that Windows 10 has rebooted itself --for a virus definition update of all things... totally wiped out my working setup.. I had several open projects and a LINUX session in a VM. All that's wiped out.
    I need to find a way to stop Windows from rebooting like this without my permission.

:)

M A Weiss, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Jun 12, 2019
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How Can I Stop Windows 10 from Rebooting Without my Permission? - Similar Threads - Stop Rebooting Without

2. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop windows from rebooting?: Hi,How do I stop Windows 10 Professional from rebooting? I need to prevent Microsoft Windows from rebooting after updates and in general.I have projects that need to stay open for months and months that are performing data collection and analysis. I paid for Microsoft Windows...
  3. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop windows from rebooting?: Hi,How do I stop Windows 10 Professional from rebooting? I need to prevent Microsoft Windows from rebooting after updates and in general.I have projects that need to stay open for months and months that are performing data collection and analysis. I paid for Microsoft Windows...
  4. How do I stop windows from rebooting?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?: I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete numerous times to try to stop it and, when it restarted, my work was gone. I cannot deal with a so-called...
  6. How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?

How do I disable Windows 10 from restarting without permission?: I was writing an article for a trade journal when Windows shoved a blue screen with "Restarting" right in front of me. This continued despite my pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete numerous times to try to stop it and, when it restarted, my work was gone. I cannot deal with a so-called...
  7. How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop this annoying Phots Media Extension from auto-installing without my permission?: I've had to uninstall this several times now. How do I stop this bs. F you microsoft. submitted by /u/Spxders [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uw6sr2/how_can_i_stop_this_annoying_phots_media/
  8. Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?

Windows is updating my apps without my permission. How to stop?: it looks like my alarms and clock app got updated. Start menu icon changed. I just rebooted, and all my sticky notes have their own taskbar tab/button, whereas before, it would just have one button for all notes combined. I have windows update set to metered connection....
  9. How can I stop my computer from restarting without warning.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I stop my computer from restarting without warning.: Dear Microsoft, So my computer restarted again without any warning prompt message. I was just working one minute and it decided to restart. What is upsetting about this was, I was trying to take notes on something very important, and I lost the entire work in my browser...
  10. How do I stop my computer from making folders from pictures without my permission. I don't...

How do I stop my computer from making folders from pictures without my permission. I don't...: I want photos I import to stop system from making folders https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/how-do-i-stop-my-computer-from-making-folders-from/05ed3b7d-c986-43ad-8af1-f45ef4e8931d