Windows 10: How can I stop windows 10 update?

Discus and support How can I stop windows 10 update? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I stop windows 10 update? Windows Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RuhulAmin21, Apr 13, 2020.

1. How can I stop windows 10 update?

How can I stop windows 10 update?

:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2020
    RuhulAmin21, Apr 13, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

That doesn't stop windows update from grabbing them on next run, at least it didn't back in the RTM days. It simply stops a secondary process from installing them immediately.

R-T-B, Apr 13, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I stop windows 10 update? - Similar Threads - stop update

2. After Windows update monitor stops registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  3. After Windows update monitor stops registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows update monitor stops registering: So I've been dealing with this problem on and off for awhile and it's semi predictable. Ill also say Im not very tech literate but this is getting so obnoxious and expensive to deal with so asking around is worth a shot. Ive had a refurbished gaming PC for about 2 years now...
  4. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  5. Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320

Recent Windows update caused mic to stop working on Poly Voyager 4320: I recently installed a Windows 11 update and afterwards my Bluetooth connected Poly Voyager 4320's mic stopped working. I can hear audio from the headset and the device shows it is connected in the different windows settings along with Cisco Jabber. But I can not get any...
  6. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  7. Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update

Bluetooth Handsfree Microphone Stopped Working After Update: Hi,I have a Sennheiser TW2 paired with my desktop and laptop, both running Windows 11. After an update in late 2023, the microphone on my hands-free no longer works on my laptop. I have tried updating all the drivers, pairing the hands-free with my laptop again and resetting...
  8. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dont want to update windows , how to stop it: i am getting a lot of windows updates on my windows 10 , but i dont want to update it now for atleast 3-4months , how to stop it?i tried pausing windows updates but it is just for 35 days...
  9. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

Dont want to update windows , how to stop it: i am getting a lot of windows updates on my windows 10 , but i dont want to update it now for atleast 3-4months , how to stop it?i tried pausing windows updates but it is just for 35 days...
  10. Dont want to update windows , how to stop it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade