Windows 10: How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...

Discus and support How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am having the same problem as another poster reported in a locked thread.I want to move the taskbar to a vertical position at the right of my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by judy.brock, May 23, 2024.

1. How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...

I am having the same problem as another poster reported in a locked thread.I want to move the taskbar to a vertical position at the right of my screen not just align the icons to the left of center the only options Windows 11 offers in the settings as I always had it in Windows 10. I make the changes in the registry but on restarting Windows Explorer from the Task Manager, the changes appear to take effect momentarily but then are immediately changed back to the state before editing. The taskbar does disappear from the bottom for an instant, but then comes back. Checking the Registry editor

:)

judy.brock, May 23, 2024
  2. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, May 23, 2024
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 23, 2024
  4. How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 23, 2024
Thema:

How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...

1. How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start... - Similar Threads - stop Explorer reverting

2. How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop Windows 11 Windows Explorer from reverting my registry changes on re-start...: I am having the same problem as another poster reported in a locked thread.I want to move the taskbar to a vertical position at the right of my screen not just align the icons to the left of center the only options Windows 11 offers in the settings as I always had it in...
  3. How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?: How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image? I have background set to "Picture", and have selected the picture I want. Yet, Spotlight keeps on changing my background picture as well as my "Lock Screen" picture, and I have to go back to "Background" and change...
  4. How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?

How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?: How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image? I have background set to "Picture", and have selected the picture I want. Yet, Spotlight keeps on changing my background picture as well as my "Lock Screen" picture, and I have to go back to "Background" and change...
  5. How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?: How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-11-from-changing-my/eaac2446-1790-4995-9246-21d4ba875390
  6. How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?

How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image?: How can I stop Windows 11 from changing my background image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-11-from-changing-my/eaac2446-1790-4995-9246-21d4ba875390
  7. Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu: I went to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer' in the registry and added a new DWORD 32-Bit value, made sure it was HEX and named it Start_ShowClassicMode, and set the value of that to 1, yet after restarting my PC, the start menu never changed...
  8. Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu

Registry Change doesn't revert Windows 11 Start Menu to Windows 10 Start Menu: I went to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer' in the registry and added a new DWORD 32-Bit value, made sure it was HEX and named it Start_ShowClassicMode, and set the value of that to 1, yet after restarting my PC, the start menu never changed...
  9. How can I revert the Windows 11 start menu to the old Windows 10 one?

How can I revert the Windows 11 start menu to the old Windows 10 one?: The new start menu is less clear, harder to use, and filled with more "we know how you want to use your computer" bloat. Is there a way to revert it? I've tried the registry hack but it appears to have been disabled, is there another workaround?Thanks!...
  10. How can I revert the Windows 11 start menu to the old Windows 10 one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I revert the Windows 11 start menu to the old Windows 10 one?: The new start menu is less clear, harder to use, and filled with more "we know how you want to use your computer" bloat. Is there a way to revert it? I've tried the registry hack but it appears to have been disabled, is there another workaround?Thanks!...