Windows 10: How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am extremely frustrated. I've read dozens of articles on here as well as other websites and have tried the solutions (re-installing all the drivers,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharKauf, Jul 27, 2019.

1. CharKauf Win User

How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10?

I am extremely frustrated. I've read dozens of articles on here as well as other websites and have tried the solutions (re-installing all the drivers, checking for updates), but nothing is fixing it. I would try to turn off the sound enhancements too but I don't even have a sound enhancement option which I don't know is another glitch or something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

:)

CharKauf, Jul 27, 2019
  2. MikeG_13 Win User

Freecell and windows audio device graph isolation problems

I have been having numerous troubles with "windows audio device graph isolation" suddenly spiking and taking up over 20% of my CPU. I have checked all the boxes and turned off all the enhanced audio options that Google has suggested. It has been a relatively
    good process lately, but today I may have found a culprit that is irritating the process. As soon as I run "Freecell Collection Free" (don't judge me) in Windows 10 the laptop begins whirring and the audio is garbled. Lo and behold the windows audio device
    graph isolation is spiking again. As soon as I close Freecell everything returns to normal.

Any ideas what is causing this? Any way to stop it? And don't suggest that I not play Freecell during work or my work productivity will drop. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike

MikeG_13, Jul 27, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows audio device graph isolation problem

Hello,

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is an official part of Windows and serves as the primary audio engine in Windows 10. It handles the audio enhancement effects provided by Windows. If you are using any enhancements, we suggest that you disable them and
    see if the sounds stops. You may disable your enhancements by following the steps below:

• Right-click the Volume icon in the Taskbar.
    • Click Sounds.
    • From the Sound window, click the Playback tab, then select the device that you suspect is causing the issue.
    • Click Properties.
    • On the Enhancements tab, click the Disable all enhancements checkbox.
    • Click OK.

David Haz, Jul 27, 2019
  4. How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10?

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in troubleshooting this issue. The details provided helps us to avoid repeating the steps.

I can understand the situation must be different for you when the Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation doesn't work as it should.

Windows uses the process Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation as its main component of Windows audio engine. It helps Windows in sound enhancement process. Windows Driver Developer uses Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation to insert their Audio effect
    to enhance the sound quality.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    2. Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?
    3. Which security software did you use to perform the virus scan on the PC?

However, let us follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Let us now follow these steps to uninstall the audio driver completely.

1. Go to control panel and open device manager. Or press Windows + R key at same time to open Run and type devmgmt.msc.
    2. Click on “Sound, video and game controllers” in device manager.
    3. Right click on a sound card and then click on properties.
    4. Click on the Driver tab.
    5. Click on the Uninstall Driver button.
    6. A dialog box will ask you to confirm the action. Check the option
      Delete the driver software for this device. Click on OK.
    7. Once done, click on View and select Devices by connection on the Device manager.
    8. Expand ACPI x64 based PC.
    9. Expand PCI Express Root complex and right-click on Intel Smart Sound technology Audio controller and uninstall the device.
    10. Make sure to delete the driver if prompted during the uninstall process.
    11. Once done, click on Action and Scan for hardware changes twice in the device manager.
    12. Close Device Manager.
    •Open Settings from the Windows menu.

•Click on Update and Security and check for updates to get the new audio driver for your computer.

Method 2: Sometimes answering or calling on
    Skype might be the reason of Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation to use 100% disk. This will happen when you are using the Skype app. To resolve it. You need to reinstall it with the updated version in your Windows 10 PC. You can do that from
    the Microsoft Store.

We look forward to your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10?

1. How can I stop Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation from using 20%+ of CPU on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - stop Audio Device

2. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation Stops working.: Whenever I open a specific game and sometimes randomly Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation will stop working. Ive tried multiple things and most haven't worked now I'm sending this question in to hopefully fix my issue.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. Windows Audio Graph Isolation using tons of CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation using tons of CPU: Windows Audio Graph Isolation uses too much CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-graph-isolation-using-tons-of-cpu/e4c9fe5a-c572-4e8e-8aa6-c03a67cbc1bf
  4. Windows Audio Graph Isolation using tons of CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Graph Isolation using tons of CPU: Windows Audio Graph Isolation uses too much CPU https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-graph-isolation-using-tons-of-cpu/e4c9fe5a-c572-4e8e-8aa6-c03a67cbc1bf
  5. Windows Audio Graph Isolation using tons of CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU: There have been lots of questions about this, butno answers I can find that relate to my case. I have 3 ways to boot the samelaptop: WTG W10 1909 from a USB stick, WTG W10 2004 from a SSD via a USB adaptorand 20H2 from the HD. Only one of these, WTG W10 2004 suffers from the...
  7. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using up CPU

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using up CPU: Hello! I'm Andy. To start with, recently I reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. It all went alright, except now I've started having some issues with my audio. I looked into why and found through task manager that Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation was using an abnormally high...
  8. Why is Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using 90% CPU?

Why is Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using 90% CPU?: Hi, I was finishing off some work on my laptop when it started to slow down considerably. I checked Task Manager, as I usually do when something seems to be wrong with my laptop, only to find that my CPU was 100% and my Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation was responsible,...
  9. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation is taking up a lot of CPU in task manager. I have tried every solution I could find on the web including disabling audio enhancements and reinstalling audio drivers. I have two audio drivers in device manager: Intel(R) Display Audio and...
  10. Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using high CPU

Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation using high CPU: I already tried asking this in the HP Forum. After the October update (version 1809) installed, this process has been using all of my CPU: Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation %winDir%\System32\audiodg.exe I've taken several troubleshooting steps: restarting virus...