Windows 10: How can i stop windows from deleting files?, including .rar .dll

Discus and support How can i stop windows from deleting files?, including .rar .dll in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i'm from Thailand I having this problem for a long time now and i think do i need to buy new pc? , idk what's happened because previously i was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KP-GUY, Jun 13, 2020.

1. KP-GUY Win User

How can i stop windows from deleting files?, including .rar .dll

Hello, i'm from Thailand

I having this problem for a long time now and i think do i need to buy new pc? , idk what's happened because previously i was download those .dll file and other type of files but the windows doesnt do anything with that or deleting it aways, it's 100% that when you have the problem like this you will need to search on Youtube and it's easily will fixed that. But for me it's not. I tried to search on YTyoutube how to fix this problem manytime many keyword and until i freak out and lose all my brain cell and i don't know what to do next to fix it, so this is my last way. I did all of that including turned off windows protection and other stuff that's will harm my pc or even install a recover program but it's need to pay 60$ for recover a big sized of a file which i was too poor for that, i mean for some of u guys may think that 60$ is not that expensive but for me it is , so i want to know how to fix this problem again in different way maybe there is some method hidden that i don't know before or im unthinkable about it but If you have a method that is different from what I tried you can suggest me ,thanks :

:)

KP-GUY, Jun 13, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Corrupted file RAR

If its many rar files just delete the corrupted one and then download it again

Jetster, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

Burning RAR file to DVD?

Hi Harry,

With Windows, RAR files can only be opened using a third party application. You can check online for different applications that works with Windows to open RAR files.

To burn files to a DVD in Window 10, you can try these steps:

• Right-click the file and select Send to then DVD
      Drive.
    • Open File Explorer, select your DVD
      drive, and then select Finish burning.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rey Bel1, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. How can i stop windows from deleting files?, including .rar .dll - Similar Threads - stop deleting files

2. How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?: Hello.Now, when I double-click a rar file, it is not managed by Winrar but by Windows Explorer. I would like to restore the .rar file association with Winrar, but I was unable. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. I abandoned using .zip files because this same reason, but...
  3. How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I avoid Windows 11 to open rar files automatically?: Hello.Now, when I double-click a rar file, it is not managed by Winrar but by Windows Explorer. I would like to restore the .rar file association with Winrar, but I was unable. Any suggestion is highly appreciated. I abandoned using .zip files because this same reason, but...
  4. I deleted a dll file by mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted a dll file by mistake: I deleted the applicationmodel.dll file and now my PC keeps flickering. I can't do anything at all. If u know how to fix can u please help. It was from the system32 folder....
  5. How can I stop OneDrive from automatically deleting all my files?

How can I stop OneDrive from automatically deleting all my files?: I have never intentionally set up OneDrive or tried to use it, but I needed to sign in to Outlook and OneDrive immediately started moving everything from my desktop and documents folders from all of my PC's. I tried to "un-synch" those folders and it deleted all of the files,...
  6. Unable to delete .rar file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete .rar file: Hi Legends,I came up with the problem regarding deleting a .rar file which is located inside .zip file. It is showing the following message:An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file. If you continue to recieve this error, you can use the error code to search...
  7. Unable to delete .rar file

Unable to delete .rar file: Hi Legends,I came up with the problem regarding deleting a .rar file which is located inside .zip file. It is showing the following message:An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file. If you continue to recieve this error, you can use the error code to search...
  8. Deleting .dll Files??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting .dll Files??: I've seen three different methods of deleting .dll files, and trust me when I say that I have doneALL OF THEM. I have attempted to force delete using del /f, unregister using Regsvr32 /u /s, and even double-checking to make sure I have administrative powers over the file...
  9. How can i stop windows from deleting file?, including .rar .dll

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can i stop windows from deleting file?, including .rar .dll: Hello, i'm from Thailand I having this problem for a long time now and i think do i need to buy new pc? , idk what's happened because previously i was download those .dll file and other type of files but the windows doesnt do anything with that or deleting it aways, it's...
  10. How can I STOP file explorer from permanently deleting files? The option to send files to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I STOP file explorer from permanently deleting files? The option to send files to...: In Windows 10 File Explorer, the option to send files to the recycle bin is grayed out. How do I enable this option? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-file-explorer-from-permanently/a342d12f-da5d-404f-988c-7ae5ef09df35