Windows 10: How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when...

Discus and support How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I believe theoretically there are supposed to be two warnings, because I used to get both of them. But now I only get "YOUR BATTERY IS LOW. PLUG IN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vengefulgrapes, Aug 15, 2020.

1. How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when...

I believe theoretically there are supposed to be two warnings, because I used to get both of them. But now I only get "YOUR BATTERY IS LOW. PLUG IN YOUR PC NOW." and it shuts off immediately.

My laptop also doesn't seem to be turning on low battery mode at 20% (I can tell because I don't notice the display dimming as it should) even though this is on in settings.

The troubleshooter did nothing to fix the problem.

I've tried changing the advanced power settings to no avail, but maybe I did it wrong. I reset them to default. Here are the settings now:

• Critical battery notification: On
    • Critical battery action: Hibernate
    • Low battery level: 14%
    • Critical battery level: 9%
    • Low battery notification: On
    • Low battery action: Do nothing
    • Reserve battery level: 12%
    submitted by /u/vengefulgrapes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vengefulgrapes, Aug 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 Home Shutting Down Without Warning

Hi Phil,

When Windows shuts down without warning, it might be due to the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. You can try performing the steps provided below and see if it helps.

Method 1. Run Power Troubleshooter.

1. Under search icon, type troubleshoot and press Enter.
    2. Select Power and click Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2. Reset all power plans to their defaults.

1. Press Windows key + R.
    2. Type powercfg - restoredefaultschemes and press Enter.

Let me know if you need further help. I'll be glad to assist.

Justine Pel, Aug 15, 2020
  3. MartynasB Win User
    PC only shuts down on a second try

Hello,

I posted here yesterday asking for help on a similar problem yesterday: GPU keeps working (fans spinning) for a few seconds after shutdown - Windows 10 Forums

Basically, what happens now is as follows: When I press shutdown from start menu and the PC screen goes black at the end of it, I can hear components stopping their work, but pretty much all fans keep working (PSU fan, case fans, GPU fans). They work for 20-30 seconds and then I hear a Mobo beep (the same one you hear when you turn on your PC) and the PC boots back like it's nothing. When I reach login screen and shut down again from there, the PC fans again keep spinning after components turn off, but only a few seconds this time. The PC components then turn on and immediately turn off together with the fans.

Sorry for the poor phrasing, English is not my native language and I try my best here.

This complicated double-take shut down process only began after I disabled fast startup in Windows 10 (some guys on various forums suggested that I do that). Before I disabled them, the problem was like the one I linked to in the beginning. The whole problem started after I installed a second HDD. During the installation I also removed the GPU to allow me to fix some cables.

Besides the shut down, the PC seems to be working just fine. No crashes, no BSODs - nothing. Only this strange shut down.

Things I've already tried:
    • Disabling fast startup
    • Removing my second hard drive
    • Changing its SATA plugs
    • Changing SATA cables
    • Changing HDD power connector cables
    • Removing and putting back the GPU
    • Updating chipset driver
    • Shutting down from login menu

MartynasB, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when...

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when...

1. How can I stop Windows from giving me only a one-second warning before shutting off when... - Similar Threads - stop giving second

2. windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning :...: windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning : PUADlManager:Win32/DownloadSponsor and cant delete whatever it is...
  3. windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning :...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning :...: windows defender gives warning when I compile and run in devc++ ,this is warning : PUADlManager:Win32/DownloadSponsor and cant delete whatever it is...
  4. how to stop windows from sending me the activation expiry warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to stop windows from sending me the activation expiry warnings: although my windows is activated i am prompted with windows license will expire soon over and over again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-from-sending-me-the-activation/4497bb29-c967-476e-b2aa-056e1f6132fc
  5. how to stop windows from sending me the activation expiry warnings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to stop windows from sending me the activation expiry warnings: although my windows is activated i am prompted with windows license will expire soon over and over again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-windows-from-sending-me-the-activation/4497bb29-c967-476e-b2aa-056e1f6132fc
  6. How can i shut off any warnings from a printer from interrupting me by appearing on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i shut off any warnings from a printer from interrupting me by appearing on my...: I just want to completely stop any message from the printer ever coming to my screen in windows. No status of any kind, Nothing. Ever. Is there a way to do that?...
  7. How can i shut off any warnings from a printer from interrupting me by appearing on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i shut off any warnings from a printer from interrupting me by appearing on my...: I just want to completely stop any message from the printer ever coming to my screen in windows. No status of any kind, Nothing. Ever. Is there a way to do that?...
  8. Computer turning off before warning me of low battery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer turning off before warning me of low battery: When I'm doing something on my laptop, it will turn off before the "Low battery, plug your computer in" warning appears. What is causing this? Another question I have is that the warning is supposed to appear at 5%, but it is appearing at 9%. The final question is that my...
  9. Windows Hello face logs me into my second account before I can choose one

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello face logs me into my second account before I can choose one: Ok so I am sorry if this has already been asked before, but I've searched everywhere for a fix for this, but there is nothing that can help my situation. I have two user accounts on my laptop. I will refer to them as userA and userB. Both have a Microsoft account connected...
  10. Windows shutting off with no warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows shutting off with no warning: So this problem just recently started happening, when in windows after a while it will just completely shut off with no warning. It doesn't happen when I'm in Ubuntu though. I've deleted some programs that could be the cause but nothing has worked. I really need some help...