Windows 10: How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones?

Discus and support How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a pair of wireless headphones that has a built-in fairly bad microphone for taking calls ect. This works fine on a phone where it automatically... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by odoug, Jan 17, 2020.

1. odoug Win User

How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones?

I have a pair of wireless headphones that has a built-in fairly bad microphone for taking calls ect. This works fine on a phone where it automatically switches from headphone stereo mode to hands-free, mic on, call mode. However, Windows detects this as "Connected, Music, Voice" which means that other programs such as discord "running in the background" try to use the mic as it is the default input. However, this turn the headphones into headset mode meaning it works as a bad mic but you can't hear anything and all other playback stops. The headphones also show up as 2 devices; Headphones Stereo, and Headphones Hands-Free. However, I always have it on stereo mode and even disabled hands-free mode in audio manager but discord and other programs work independently of this and take control. Is there a way to make windows only detect the headphones as "Connected, Music" and not recognize the mic or is there another solution anyone can think of that may fix this problem.

:)

odoug, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Bluetooth not recognising headphones

Bluetooth on my PC recognises, pairs with and works with an ear piece headphone/mic.
    Bluetooth on my Smartphone recognises, pairs with and works with an Ausdom headphone.
    Therefore all hardware works.

However, PC Bluetooth will not recognise, let alone pair with, Ausdom headphone.

I have tried re-boots, turning Bluetooth on/off, uninstalling, re-loading drivers, etc. I have run out of ideas.

Any suggestions please?

Sigurd, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Aman Win User
    Headphone mic not working with laptop 3.5mm port

I have sennheiser hd4.40 wireless headphone. I also got a cable with headphone having 2.5mm pin(attached to headphone) to 3.5mm pin(attached to mobile phone).

Problem is that when i connect 3.5mm pin to my mobile phone headphone jack, in call i am able to use mic and headphone both at same time but:

1. When i connect the 3.5mm pin to 3.5mm jack for mic on my laptop, i am not able to use the mic.(my laptop has separate 3.5mm mic and 3.5mm headphone jack)
    2. When i connect to 3.5mm jack for headphone, only headphone is working with laptop not mic.

Please do not suggest why I am not using Bluetooth because it is a separate problem.

I am missing something or maybe this may be limitation or something else. Help me on this. :-(

4. How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones?

Wireless 3.5mm headphone/Mic jack

Im looking for something that I can plug a standard PC Headphone and Mic jack cable into from a headset and make it wireless. The Idea is that I would be able to plug the dongle into the PC's head/mic jack and have it powered by battery and the other dongle be battery powered and plug the headset into it. Make the system wireless cause I work at a call center and we are testing throat mics and they use 3.5mm jacks that go to a rj11 phone jack to the phone. I want to beable to go wireless with it too. Word Diagram:

Phone -> RJ11-x2 3.5mm jack -->wireless dongle - - - - - - - - - - - - ->wireless dongle --> Headset x2 3.5mm mic/speaker

Killer_Rubber_Ducky, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones?

1. How can I stop windows from recognising the mic in my wireless headphones? - Similar Threads - stop recognising mic

2. Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11: I am using CCA CRA iem's on my windows 11 system plugged into a combo headphone jack on my laptop. The iem's mic works perfectly on other devices. The audio works fine its just the mic not being recognised...
  3. Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone mic not being recognised by windows 11: I am using CCA CRA iem's on my windows 11 system plugged into a combo headphone jack on my laptop. The iem's mic works perfectly on other devices. The audio works fine its just the mic not being recognised...
  4. My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio: The built in mic wouldnt work and the wireless headset is detected as headphones and i can only hear the audio but i cant talk or call people on my computer...
  5. My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless headset gets detected as wireless headphones with no mic but audio: The built in mic wouldnt work and the wireless headset is detected as headphones and i can only hear the audio but i cant talk or call people on my computer...
  6. Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless headphones not getting any sound but as I disable the headphone's mic it starts...: I am experiencing an issue with the wireless headphones. When I start watching the videos on any platform youtube, hotstar etc. I don't get any sound in the headphones. but when I disable the headset mic in recording settings. It starts working. When I test both the playback...
  7. headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    headphones not being recognised when the mic has an input: so just today i got a new pc and everything. i was just sorting out some stuff when i noticed that even when i had my headphones plugged in, audio was still coming out of some speakers. and the weird thing is, the headphones only work when put into the input without the mic...
  8. how can I stop Windows 10 from auto-adjusting my mic?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can I stop Windows 10 from auto-adjusting my mic?: I just got an audio interface for my headphones and mic and I wanted to make sure it sounded good so I tested it and when I went really far back and talked softly the gain in windows would shoot to 100% and make my mic sound like an ear rape. I already unchecked "allow...
  9. Can I use my wireless bluetooth headphone with in-built mic for hearing and using its mic,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I use my wireless bluetooth headphone with in-built mic for hearing and using its mic,...: So, I have Acer Veriton and it has 2 different ports for earphone or headphone and another for mic. Also I have a Bluetooth headphone with built in mic, which I want to use, so will I be able to use them the mic and the headphone, as I have to attend meetings and talk and...
  10. Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting Mic on Wireless Headphones: I got a pair of Song WH-CH510 Wireless Headphones yesterday. I connected them to my Inspiron 14’s bluetooth and their audio works perfectly fine. However I can’t connect the mic on these headphones no matter what I do. It doesn’t show up in the drop list in input settings, it...