Windows 10: How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Bluetooth earpods disconnect when my laptop goes to sleep - my laptop starts blasting music when this happens. is there any way to keep bluetooth on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anish Ramakrishnan, Dec 5, 2023.

1. How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?

My Bluetooth earpods disconnect when my laptop goes to sleep - my laptop starts blasting music when this happens. is there any way to keep bluetooth on when this happens or at least turn the volume to 0 when it does?

:)

Anish Ramakrishnan, Dec 5, 2023

2. Windows 11, some applications seem to crash after laptop goes to sleep

Hello,

Currently whenever I close my laptop lid for prolonged periods (so the laptop goes to sleep) there seems to be some apps that seem to crash. They disappear completely from my desktop, or have to be forced to stop in task manager in order to restart them.

These apps are namely:

• Spotify
    • Trello
    • Whatsapp for PC
    • WSL
    • EarTrumpet
    Wifi also seems to stop working after my laptop goes to sleep. I have to turn it off and on again to for it to work.

Steps taken to try fix issue:

• Restored to default power settings
    • Ran power options troubleshooter
    I am currently on the windows 11 insider program, in the Beta branch, and I am on the latest build at the moment

Any advice on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

22623.1037, Dec 5, 2023
  3. Karla Alm Win User
    Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Dec 5, 2023
  4. danschy Win User

How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?

Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver "can be turned off to save power" in Device Manager. Any way to make the driver turn off when the computer is sleeping?

danschy, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?

1. How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep? - Similar Threads - stop turning off

2. How do I stop my wifi from turning off when my computer goes to sleep - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop my wifi from turning off when my computer goes to sleep - Windows 11: Hey everyone,I so very much hope one of you can help me out as I have been frustrated with this issue for months and I cant seem to find an answer anywhere. In fact, based on other forums, youtube commentary, and generally scouring the internet, this problem seems to be...
  3. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  4. Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.

Windows 11 Goes to sleep when I turn the monitors off.: I need my Windows 11 desktop computer to remain on and not in sleep mode even when the monitors are turned off.My company provided me with a desktop tower and twin monitors. I work from home using TeamViewer. I would like to turn my monitors off entirely as to not use the...
  5. How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows from turning off bluetooth when the laptop goes to sleep?: My Bluetooth earpods disconnect when my laptop goes to sleep - my laptop starts blasting music when this happens. is there any way to keep bluetooth on when this happens or at least turn the volume to 0 when it does?...
  6. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  7. Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping

Turn off bluetooth when laptop sleeping: I have a Dell Inspiron 16, purchased about 6 months ago and running Windows 11 Home. When I close the lid the laptop goes into sleep mode, but bluetooth continues to be active, which can make it difficult to pair my headset to my phone. I've verified that the bluetooth driver...
  8. wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi keeps turning off when laptop goes to sleep: Whenever my laptop goes to sleep or when I lock it or go to sleep, WiFi automatically disconnects after a couple minutes, it's frustrating because all the updates in the background and activities on the tabs open in the browser are affected.I recently bought my DELL XPS 15.I...
  9. How can I turn Bluetooth off and on with my laptop's sleep cycle?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn Bluetooth off and on with my laptop's sleep cycle?: I have a surface go that I use a surface mouse and a Bluetooth keyboard with. The problem I have is that when I hit the power button on my surface Go and stuff it in my bag with the keyboard and mouse it is still picking up input from both devices and there for the lock...
  10. Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop will not turn on when it goes to sleep: I got a new HP ENVY laptop with the Updated Windows 10. It has worked fine when i first got it, i started to use it for school alot and it started to have issues waking up. Now it won't wake up at all unless I force Shut Down the whole system. What do i do to fix it. So far...