Windows 10: How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone! So Windows update keeps forcing an install of graphics drivers and wifi drivers that seriously impede my system. My wifi capability with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RexItaliae476, Dec 1, 2020.

1. How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?

Hey everyone! So Windows update keeps forcing an install of graphics drivers and wifi drivers that seriously impede my system. My wifi capability with those drivers goes to almost nothing.

Is there a way to stop that from happening on the latest Windows version? I tried googling but all the methods either don't work or are from older versions.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

submitted by /u/RexItaliae476
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RexItaliae476, Dec 1, 2020

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 1, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 1, 2020
  4. wolf2009 Win User

How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?

Stop windows automatic driver install

I'm having a problem with installing a nvidia card. windows 7 automatically installs some wdm 1.1 drivers, then when i install the 195.39 drivers, it gives me less performance. like the cards lags in games when it should run fine.

how can i stop windows from installing the drivers automatically ?

i tried checking the "don't install drivers from windows update" in device manager. it still installs it.

wolf2009, Dec 1, 2020
Thema:

How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?

1. How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers? - Similar Threads - stop Update installing

2. How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I stop W10 from downloading and installing updates?: Yeah, I know, I know: "If you don't update, world will end." But in fairness, my experience is that about a third of the time the updates are buggy. Also, many updates don't apply to my situation but the damn things install ANYWAY. And finally, the long re-boot times as the...
  3. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  4. How to stop windows update from installing driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop windows update from installing driver updates: I have ASUS Vivobook 16X OLED with AMD Ryzen 7 500H and Radeon built in graphic driver. I've faced an issue with screen flickering which is caused by an outdated graphics software, and AMD recently released an update which solved the issue. Now windows updated forces me to...
  5. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  6. How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics?: How can I stop Windows Update from automatically installing drivers for AMD Radeon graphics? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-stop-windows-update-from-automatically/3c934d4b-9bb8-4dea-af16-47e786f64575
  7. How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?: One thing that really bugs me about Windows Update from Windows 10 and beyond is the inability to select which updates you want to install and not with checkboxes and the ability to hide updates, like on all older versions of Windows. With security and system updates, I am...
  8. How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop Windows Update from autodownloading/installing drivers?: Hello, Does anyone know how I can stop Windows Updates from automatically downloading and installing device drivers? I've used several registry hacks and the wushowhide.diagcab; however, so far, it doesn't seem to have worked. Windows Update insists on automatically...
  9. How to stop windows from updating drivers?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop windows from updating drivers?: Before any generic response comes to annoy me even more than windows's **** update policy, i have selected "no" in device installation settings. Nothing happened. I have disabled anything related to windows update handling drivers in the registry, nothing happened. At the...
  10. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...