Windows 10: How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

Discus and support How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; One thing that really bugs me about Windows Update from Windows 10 and beyond is the inability to select which updates you want to install and not with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alexncfc, Jun 17, 2021.

1. alexncfc Win User

How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

One thing that really bugs me about Windows Update from Windows 10 and beyond is the inability to select which updates you want to install and not with checkboxes and the ability to hide updates, like on all older versions of Windows. With security and system updates, I am not overly bothered about them being installed automatically. But why does Windows 10 insist on installing drivers automatically, seemingly at random? This is the situation - when you go into Windows Update in Settings, there will be a section called "View all optional updates" and in there is a sub-section called Driver Updates. Under this list, I see no drivers I want to install. For a start most of them don't seem to make much sense (such as the one I've got called "INTEL - SYSTEM - 1/1/1970" with no further details available for any of them) but I do see a few "RealTek" sound related entries in here too, that I don't want as my current sound drivers are the latest, so I don't select to install these. Unlike other Windows Updates, these optional driver ones have checkboxes to give you a decision to install or not. However, I notice that with the RealTek ones, Windows will randomly install them when it wants - even though they are supposed to be optional. This happened last night, and it's a problem because I know the drivers I have for my onboard sound are the latest (they are May 2021 versions and I get them from the MSI website) and also once Windows installs these drivers from Windows Update, it makes my boot process last much longer (I made a post about my boot process taking longer a few months ago, turns out this was the culprit, as again Windows decided to install these RealTek drivers even though I didn't select them) Why is it doing this and how can I prevent it? There must be a way to stop the so-called "Optional Updates" not actually being optional at all? (the driver's showing as installed in Windows Update History above - I did not select these "optional updates" to install) Thanks for any advice

:)

alexncfc, Jun 17, 2021
  2. amaan07 Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Please provide step by step installation of Realtek APO driver and Realtek official driver..

amaan07, Jun 17, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 17, 2021
  4. How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

PureSoftApps: APO Driver [2.9.3]

alanfox2000, Jun 17, 2021
Thema:

How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers?

1. How can I stop Windows Update installing unnecessary RealTek Drivers? - Similar Threads - stop Update installing

2. How can I stop Win 11 22H2 to auto install unnecessary Apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I stop Win 11 22H2 to auto install unnecessary Apps?: Hello, I tried to look up online and couldn't find any solutions for this new issue. We make templates of the latest Win 11 OS so we can create VMs out of it. Then later we join to the domain and a new domain user would login to it later. When making the template of the new...
  3. How can I stop Win 11 22H2 to auto install unnecessary Apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I stop Win 11 22H2 to auto install unnecessary Apps?: Hello, I tried to look up online and couldn't find any solutions for this new issue. We make templates of the latest Win 11 OS so we can create VMs out of it. Then later we join to the domain and a new domain user would login to it later. When making the template of the new...
  4. How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I stop Windows Update from installing the wrong drivers?: Hey everyone! So Windows update keeps forcing an install of graphics drivers and wifi drivers that seriously impede my system. My wifi capability with those drivers goes to almost nothing. Is there a way to stop that from happening on the latest Windows version? I tried...
  5. How can I definitely prevent Windows to update my Realtek driver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I definitely prevent Windows to update my Realtek driver?: Hi, I just updated Windows 10 to the 2004 version, and once again, as it does after every major update, it decided to update my Realtek audio driver. "Device installation settings" is disabled in "system properties", but it's always enabled after the system finishes to...
  6. Realtek Bluetooth driver stopping me updating windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Bluetooth driver stopping me updating windows: my pc is trying to update to latest version however I keep getting the error that the Realtek driver needs updating I have run through the help advice that Microsoft have provided however when I click on blutooth in Device Manager there is no Realtek Bluetooth device...
  7. Can not install realtek ethernet driver

Can not install realtek ethernet driver: I just turned on my PC i went on youtube but... it didn't work.If I go in device manager the ethernet controller device is unrecognised. [ATTACH] I tried installing the driver by searching automatically . Then I went to one of my friends and downloaded the needed driver...
  8. How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How To Stop Windows Update Installing Driver?: Windows 10 keeps installing the ASUS Smart Gesture touchpad driver on my laptop. The driver is garbage and it runs three memory resident processes, which seems rather excessive for a touchpad driver. The default Windows touchpad driver works perfectly well, so I want to use...
  9. How to stop Windows 10 automatically installing Realtek audio drivers?

How to stop Windows 10 automatically installing Realtek audio drivers?: Just like the title says, I don't want the realtek audio drivers as it completely messes with my audio and also doesn't correctly switch when i plug in headphones for example. It also doesn't allow for the 'speaker fill' enhancement to be used when playing stereo content...
  10. Can no longer stop the Realtek drivers from installing automatically.

Can no longer stop the Realtek drivers from installing automatically.: Why can Microsoft understand I don't want to use these POS Realtek drivers. I use to disable driver updates from Windows 10 by going into Device Installation settings and Never install drivers from Windows update but now since the last stupid update everytime the POS Realtek...