Windows 10: How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?

Discus and support How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a set of wired chat headphones, and in this case, they operate through a USB port. Although the headphones allow the microphone to swing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AJ_1962, May 10, 2019.

1. AJ_1962 Win User

How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?

I have a set of wired chat headphones, and in this case, they operate through a USB port. Although the headphones allow the microphone to swing through a sufficient arc that they can be used either way round, to suit the way the cable trails around my workstation, there doesn't appear to be any facility to swap the left-right audio. I can envisage other situations where one might want to swap Left and Right signals to the conventional audio jack, or indeed to the HDMI, DP connection, but cannot see a way to do it in Windows 10.

Is there such a facility in Windows 10?

:)

AJ_1962, May 10, 2019
  2. 123dxzhz Win User

Stereo Audio Bleeding

Hi,
    I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I'm having an issue with audio bleeding in stereo channels. If I pan audio 100% left I can hear it in the right channel at about 20% and vice versa, even though levels are showing 0% for that channel. I'm not using any special equipment, just headphones plugged into my PC. I'm using Realtek drivers.

Things I've tried:

• Installing latest drivers
    • Installing old drivers
    • Using basic Windows drivers
    • Disabling on-board audio and connecting a separate sound card
    • Disabling all audio enhancements
    • Clean install of Windows 10

I've also tried plugging my headphones into a different PC running Windows 7 with no issue. I don't know what else to try to fix it. Hope someone can help. Thanks.

123dxzhz, May 10, 2019
  3. craiguss Win User
    My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC

I would just be playing a game and it would swap left and right on my headphones. If i went onto Sound and Tested the sound it would play the left sound in my right headphone and vice versa. A while later it would sort itself out and switch back. I know
    I can just "swap your headphones bro" but it is still irritating to constantly have to do that.

craiguss, May 10, 2019
  4. How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?

My left and right sound in headphones will swap randomly on my PC

Hello Craiguss,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to assist you.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Is it working in another computer?
    2. Have you tried using another headphones or external speakers?

You may try changing the sound settings from the game and see if it works fine.

However, I suggest you to try following below mentioned steps:

1. Go to Settings > Update & Security >
      Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on ‘Playing Audio’.
    3. Follow the steps to complete the troubleshooting.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 10, 2019
Thema:

How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones?

1. How can I swap left and right audio to USB wired stereo headphones? - Similar Threads - swap left right

2. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?: I fixed headphones some months ago but I swapped cables in them so the channels are swapped too. I don't want to fix them again so I want to swap them by a program or right in windows. Is there any way to do that?...
  3. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?: I fixed headphones some months ago but I swapped cables in them so the channels are swapped too. I don't want to fix them again so I want to swap them by a program or right in windows. Is there any way to do that?...
  4. How to/Can I swap left and right headphones channels?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to swap left and right SPDIF/DIGITAL audio output?: I have a 2.1 speaker setup, but I have to place the Right speaker on the Left on the right side due do a cable length problem. I am not able to reverse the left and right output audio when in digital. Any suggestions?Is there a registry setting that I can change to force...
  6. Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones: I have rage quit and broken my old headphones recently, so I went searching my house for others and I found one that works. The thing is, my computer is to the right of me, and the cord for the headphones are meant to be on the leftwhen wearing the correct way. I have been...
  7. Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Swapping Audio output from Left to Right Headphones: I have rage quit and broken my old headphones recently, so I went searching my house for others and I found one that works. The thing is, my computer is to the right of me, and the cord for the headphones are meant to be on the leftwhen wearing the correct way. I have been...
  8. Can you swap left and right audio channels?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can you swap left and right audio channels?: [ATTACH] So when watching movies I move my speakers behind my sofa and my left speaker cable is the only one with enough cable length to get it to the right side of sofa. So is there a way I can swap left and right audio channels so I get the sounds right when watching...
  9. How to swap left and right audio channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to swap left and right audio channels: My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels? Why doesn't...
  10. [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?: What I hear from my left headphone I hear from the right one and vice-versa. This only happens from the audio of the Realtek sound card integrated into my motherboard. The issue is NOT present when I switch audio to the TV I have connected trough HDMI to my NVIDIA video card....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to swap left and right headphones