Windows 10: How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

Discus and support How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello there, Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account: 1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Meosit, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Meosit Win User

How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers

Hello there,

Currently I have two notebooks with two Retail digital licenses linked to my personal account:

1) Windows 10 Pro - on my old laptop, previously updated from the Windows 7 Pro (Product key still available, but I'm not sure is it can be used after upgrading to Win 10)

2) Windows 10 Home - on my new laptop. Windows 10 was preinstalled with the digital license (I've just linked it to my account while first run), but the command "slmgr /dlv" says that this license has a Retail type.

So, I would like to swap those two licenses between laptops in order to have Pro version on the new laptop while keeping Home edition on the old one.

Could you please advice on how this can be done?

:)

Meosit, Apr 11, 2019

2. Digital license

Thats how licensing works with Windows 10, the digital license is attached to your Microsoft Account and makes it easy to reactivate Windows 10 in the event you reinstall it.

Learn more:

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2019
  3. ddgm91 Win User
    Swapping SSDs in 2 Computers

After reading the supplied link, I went through the recommended steps and it shows " Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account" on both PCs.I guess I just have to have the fortitude to make the SSD swap. Still, a little leary of doing it. I suppose what I'm really looking for is confirmation that it's going to be fool proof.

ddgm91, Apr 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Transferring Windows 10 to another computer Digital License

Hi Nikola,

Transferring a digital license to a new computer will depend on the type of Windows 10 license you have installed on your computer.

To address you're issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by
    Andre Da Costa
    on this thread about transferring Windows
    10 to another computer.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I swap two digital licenses between two computers - Similar Threads - swap digital licenses

2. Same Digital License on Two Computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same Digital License on Two Computers?: I built a Windows 8.1 computer that was eventually upgraded to Windows 10 for free so no OEM license. Recently I built a new computer with the intent to transfer the license from the old to the new. For some reason they are both still activated. My old computer says "Windows...
  3. Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Swap OEM OS drive between two computers.: So I have a PC running OEM win10. I finally want to upgrade to another PC that also has OEM win10. Can I just swap my OS drive? I basically want to upgrade my motherboard and not having to reinstall everything. Thanks....
  4. How can I swap my digital license between my devices?

How can I swap my digital license between my devices?: I have two devices, one with windows 10 pro and one with windows home edition. Is there any way by which I can swap my windows licenses between those two devices? The only intension is to I wanted to use windows pro on home edition machine. So do other needs to be windows...
  5. Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences

Swapping MB/CPU between two PC's with digital licences: I have two desktop PCs. One for my office, one for my Son's games. One is an 1151 socket intel CPU the other an 1150 intel. As my office machine is 25% more powerful than the games machine I want to swap over the MB/CPU/memory between them to give my Son some more power...
  6. Digital licence swap between two devices?

Digital licence swap between two devices?: Hello! I have two digital licences Windows 10 Home and Pro retail licence linked to my Microsoft account, both of them in use. On my desktop computer runs the Pro version and on my laptop that I mostly use in a different city, where my University is, since my desktop...
  7. Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers

Swap Licences between two Windows 10 computers: Hello, I am looking to swap the licences on my laptop and desktop. Here are the current configurations: Desktop Originally came with Windows Vista Purchased & installed Windows 7 Home via 32bit DVD upgraded through Microsoft free upgrade to Windows 10 Pro Laptop...
  8. Swapping hard drives between two computers

Swapping hard drives between two computers: Hello. I have two desktop computers. Both running Windows 10 Pro. I need to swap the hard drives between the computers. Reinstalling windows on my main computer is not an option (do not ask, just take my word for it). As I have two computers, two licenses and the...
  9. Swapping Windows licenses between two computers

Swapping Windows licenses between two computers: I know something like this has been asked before but my question is ever so slightly different First computer AMD desktop, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate original promotional DVD given by Microsoft, I was actually given 5 of these for various project...
  10. Swapping Disks Between Two Computers

Swapping Disks Between Two Computers: For various weird reasons I have the need to swap the hard drives (SSD) between two similar Thinkpads. They are architecturally similar so I'm reasonably sure that after a few routine automatic driver updates both will run fine. Of course, at that point both will...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can I swap Windows 10 licenses between 2 computers