Windows 10: How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help!

Discus and support How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop screen is partially broken so I use a HDMI to monitor and I have a BSOD so when the computer starts up it gives a stop code. I can’t see it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FFX-Paradox, Mar 7, 2021.

1. How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help!

My laptop screen is partially broken so I use a HDMI to monitor and I have a BSOD so when the computer starts up it gives a stop code. I can’t see it because half of it is broken and because the laptop doesn’t switch the monitor when I’m in the trouble shooting screen. I managed to get to the cmd and I just need to switch my display to monitor, thanks!

submitted by /u/FFX-Paradox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FFX-Paradox, Mar 7, 2021
  2. alone Win User

Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help! [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help! [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Mar 7, 2021
  3. more pager in cmd

You probably have a problem with your Command Prompt. To find out, I suggest you try this:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32. Now double-click cmd.exe and check if the problem persists.
    • Check on a different machine if the problem occurs there.

Frederik Long, Mar 7, 2021
  4. How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help!

Display Issue Please Help

Hi Ahmed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing while scrolling down. We are glad to help you.

To serve you better, let me know this:

What exactly happens when you shut down the computer?

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

Step 1: Update the Display driver. Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to Run.
    • In the Run prompt, type devmgmt.msc and then click
      OK.
    • Device Manager will open.
    • In Device Manager expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
    • Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.

Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.

Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.
    • Expand Display adapters.
    • Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
    • After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

Hope this is helpful. Feel free to contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help!

1. How can I switch display output with cmd? Please help! - Similar Threads - switch display output

2. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?: I have a pair of earbuds synced to my PC, however I can't figure out how to change my audio output to the earbuds. They do not show up as an option in the system tray, in sound settings, or manage audio devices. Every time I want to use them I have to remove them from my PC's...
  3. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?: I have a pair of earbuds synced to my PC, however I can't figure out how to change my audio output to the earbuds. They do not show up as an option in the system tray, in sound settings, or manage audio devices. Every time I want to use them I have to remove them from my PC's...
  4. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Loss of Graphic output - Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loss of Graphic output - Please help!: Hello all and thank you for reading.I am absolutly pulling my hair out on this one, I've tried everything but no to success. When the gpu is plugged in, the output dies and the screen goes black. No input from the mouse or anything is possible but music played will continue....
  6. Loss of Graphic output - Please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Loss of Graphic output - Please help!: Hello all and thank you for reading.I am absolutly pulling my hair out on this one, I've tried everything but no to success. When the gpu is plugged in, the output dies and the screen goes black. No input from the mouse or anything is possible but music played will continue....
  7. Loss of Graphic output - Please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. As u can see there is a popup with cmd dewaufu PLEASE help me

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    As u can see there is a popup with cmd dewaufu PLEASE help me: Whenever i start my LAPTOP a popup occurs with cmd dewaufu it not happens before it had started 2 days ago and it keeps poping up after 10 to 5 mins i have tried clean boot method but no fix it says in task manager that it is microsoft.net.registry...
  9. Can I change audio output based on display?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I change audio output based on display?: Feel free to remove if this is the wrong place, I'm new here. So I've got my computer running though a monitor on my desk and a TV mounted above and I'd love to be able to make it so anything displayed on my monitor comes through my headphones, but anything on the tv comes...
  10. Need help with CMD command Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with CMD command Please: Ashampoo(R) Web Upload thank you 115758