Windows 10: How can I switch off automatic reboots?

Discus and support How can I switch off automatic reboots? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It happened again, during a long-running installation (two hours) on a virtual machine on my desktop. Windows decided that nothing important was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BerndBausch, Nov 15, 2018.

1. How can I switch off automatic reboots?

It happened again, during a long-running installation (two hours) on a virtual machine on my desktop. Windows decided that nothing important was going on and rebooted because it had just updated itself. Thankyou Windows. I can restart the installation. Another hour lost.

Is there any way that I, the owner of this PC and this copy of Windows 10, can control when reboots should take place? Is there any way to teach Windows that it should stop this patronizing behaviour?

Don't tell me that Windows asks before it reboots. Yes it asks, and if I don't reply because I am not in front of the computer, it just reboots.

Yes I have added my comments to the feedback tool, together with 10000 other people.

:)

BerndBausch, Nov 15, 2018

2. Windows switching automatically in Windows 10

Hello Jimmy,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue Windows switching automatically in Window 10 on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

There is a possibility that this issue might have occurred due to corrupt display drivers on the system.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Step 1: Update the Display driver.
    Please follow the steps given below to update the display driver.

• Click Start and go to
      Run.

• In the Run prompt, type
      devmgmt.msc
      and then click OK.

• Device Manager will open.

• In Device Manager
      expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display driver and click
      Update Driver Software.

• Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
    Step 2: Check if there are any updates for display drivers available in Optional Updates; this might fix the issue. Refer to the following steps.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.

• Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results.

• When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Step 3: If the issue persists, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the display driver.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand Display adapters.

• Right-click the display card driver and click
      Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.

• After the un-installation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
    Computer will load the generic display drivers. Now, please go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.

You may also refer to the following website below to download the drivers for the Graphics card.

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops.

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Nov 15, 2018
  4. jbunch07 Win User

How can I switch off automatic reboots?

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile How can I switch off automatic reboots? :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

How can I switch off automatic reboots?

1. How can I switch off automatic reboots? - Similar Threads - switch off automatic

2. How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?: Hi,I don't want my PC to take over any Bluetooth device on start up. I hate when I listen to a nice track and then open my PC, and it automatically captures the running! Bluetooth devices in reach. How can I switch that off?Thanks...
  3. How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch off automatic connection to Bluetooth devices on startup?: Hi,I don't want my PC to take over any Bluetooth device on start up. I hate when I listen to a nice track and then open my PC, and it automatically captures the running! Bluetooth devices in reach. How can I switch that off?Thanks...
  4. How can I, switch safely?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I, switch safely?: I have a, laptop computer. Running, Windows 10.I am currently, using Google Drive. For my Cloud backup. But, price.And, for. Many, different reasons. I would, prefer to switch.There are many alternatives, to Google Drive. But, I would like. An MVP's, opinion. Which would be,...
  5. Can I turn off the upgarde automatically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I turn off the upgarde automatically?: Help me if you know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-the-upgarde-automatically/32e4ea31-0fb8-45e6-bb81-b670ea06ffe9
  6. Can I turn off the upgarde automatically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I turn off the upgarde automatically?: Help me if you know. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-the-upgarde-automatically/32e4ea31-0fb8-45e6-bb81-b670ea06ffe9
  7. Can not switch off S mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not switch off S mode: I just bought a Lenova laptop computer & I can not sitch off S mode. I get as far as the page that says get & click on it. All I get is a message saying "working on it". And that is where it gets stuck at. Nothing more happens. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC constantly switching off and restarting automatically: Hi My PC is not yet 2 years old. Since the start, I have been experiencing shutdown and automatic restart. Not playing games on this, using Microsoft Word for my work and losing everything I've typed when a shutdown occurs. I did a complete wipe of everything on here...
  9. Sound devices automatically switching off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound devices automatically switching off: As it says....sound 'device' changing before my eyes....also mutes on/off Have been to device manager...seems best drivers are installed. Have also used troubleshooter.....invariably comes to conclusion that the device is unplugged. Win 10 Pro / 1903 / Build 18362.267...
  10. Bitlocker Enabled Automatically - How to switch this off

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Enabled Automatically - How to switch this off: Hi, We are a reseller of HP machines and over the past few months we are having issues Windows 10 and Bitlocker. There was a patch a couple of weeks back which caused a subset of HP workstations to bluescreen and keep rebooting. We found that when we tried...