Windows 10: How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain?

Discus and support How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Our Windows 7 users for years have ejnoyed the fact that sticky notes followed them from computer to computer. There was a notes.snt file in their... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kjstechO365, Jul 17, 2019.

1. How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain?

Our Windows 7 users for years have ejnoyed the fact that sticky notes followed them from computer to computer. There was a notes.snt file in their local profle that we copied to a network share on logoff, and then at logon we copied back to the local profile. This meant their notes were backed up on a dfs share in our infrastructure, and the file came back to them.

This script still runs but in Windows 10 it does not look at this file and Sticky notes are blank. How can I accomplish the same thing, quickly and easily for our users? I found a thread regarding copying a file called plum.sqlite from AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftStickyNotes_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState but after trying this, it no longer works (tested in Windows 10 1809 and 1903). I think the articles that were written for this may have worked on earlier Windows 10 builds.

As we roll out Windows 10 upgrades users are being instructed to take a screen shot of their desktop or copy and paste all of their notes into a word or email document. The issue is on the new Windows 10 computers, they surely can paste all of that information in and set the notes up the way they had it, but if they move to another workstation it no longer follows like we had it setup for Windows 7.

We have about 180 people that would be forever in your thanks if someone here can help us solve this issue! We are trying to be off of Windows 7 by its EOL date of January 14th 2020.

:)

kjstechO365, Jul 17, 2019

2. Is there a Sticky Note app that syncs with Android

Try the steps listed
    here
    or
    here

Smittychat., Jul 17, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Jul 17, 2019
  4. How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain?

Sticky Note Error?

Hi,

To further help you with your concern about the sticky note, we suggest using System File Checking in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, then select Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter sfc /scannow (note the space between "sfc" and "/").

Let us know how it goes.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain?

1. How can I sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 1809 and later PC's in a domain? - Similar Threads - sync Sticky Notes

2. Sticky Notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sticky Notes not syncing: Sticky Notes not syncing anymore Last sync was today at 9am ESTIs MS having issues with sticky notes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-syncing/9373ec5a-9498-4e9a-b7f7-18376ab35d42
  3. sticky notes not syncing

sticky notes not syncing: am unable to sync sticky notes tried all troubleshoot but no luck am on windows 10 all up to date my sticky note version is 6.0.10please help are my all note gone ?...
  4. sticky notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sticky notes not syncing: am unable to sync sticky notes tried all troubleshoot but no luck am on windows 10 all up to date my sticky note version is 6.0.10please help are my all note gone ?...
  5. Sticky notes not syncing between W10 and W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky notes not syncing between W10 and W11: could the reason my sticky notes arent syncing is that one device is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-syncing-between-w10-and-w11/663ea43f-680c-4c23-96b2-71d9cd9e6d7c
  6. Sticky notes not syncing between W10 and W11

Sticky notes not syncing between W10 and W11: could the reason my sticky notes arent syncing is that one device is Windows 10 and the other is Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes-not-syncing-between-w10-and-w11/663ea43f-680c-4c23-96b2-71d9cd9e6d7c
  7. Sticky Notes not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sticky Notes not syncing: I have a couple of sticky notes on the pc. I have a new laptop. I open sticky notes and sign in on the laptop. Nothing. Sync says all caught up. I don't understand, it should be absolutely simple and yet there is a problem. What could it be?...
  8. Sticky Notes not syncing

Sticky Notes not syncing: I have a couple of sticky notes on the pc. I have a new laptop. I open sticky notes and sign in on the laptop. Nothing. Sync says all caught up. I don't understand, it should be absolutely simple and yet there is a problem. What could it be?...
  9. sticky note syncing

sticky note syncing: Question. I can type the word "House" on a Sticky Note and it saves in the cloud. I can open that same sticky note in outlook.com and read "House". I can open outlook on my computer, go to notes and open the note and read "House". With that said.... I DRAW a house on a...
  10. How to sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 Domain PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sync Sticky Notes between Windows 10 Domain PCs: Our Windows 7 users for years have ejnoyed the fact that sticky notes followed them from computer to computer. There was a notes.snt file in their local profle that we copied to a network share on logoff, and then at logon we copied back to the local profile. This meant...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. transfer sticky notes between computers windows 10 1809