Windows 10: How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?

Discus and support How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just realized the entries I make into Windows 10 People are not being saved or uploaded to Yahoo contacts file. How does one ensure both files are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MickyLee3_614, May 18, 2020.

1. How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?

I just realized the entries I make into Windows 10 People are not being saved or uploaded to Yahoo contacts file. How does one ensure both files are identical?

In other words, when mail syncs with Yahoo mail, the calendar and contacts presumably are synced as well, but that doesn't happen. I cannot find how to create a CSV file from Windows 10 People app to upload that data to my Yahoo Contacts. How do I do that?

:)

MickyLee3_614, May 18, 2020

2. Syncing Yahoo contacts with People app

I still have not been able to find a direct, nor continuous method for syncing contacts between Yahoo Mail and Microsoft Windows 10 People App. You can now at least access the People App while you are working in the Windows 10 Mail app, which is an improvement.

As mentioned in Pauline's reply above, you can periodically sync your Yahoo Mail contacts indirectly with the Microsoft Windows 10 People App by first syncing your Yahoo Mail contacts with Microsoft Outlook People. Below are steps to do this:

• While in Yahoo Mail, go to Contacts tab. Select Actions - Export - Microsoft Outlook and Export Now. This downloads your Yahoo Mail contacts into a *.csv file.
    • Go into Microsoft Outlook (I accessed this from my browser at www.outlook.com and signed in), then select Outlook People icon. Select Manage - Import Contacts - Yahoo Mail. Browse to the file just downloaded and upload *.csv file. Your Yahoo Mail contacts
      should now be in Microsoft Outlook.
    • Go into Microsoft Windows 10 People App. Select Settings icon - Add an account. This is where you need to add your Microsoft Outlook account from above that you just synced your Yahoo Mail Contacts with. Unfortunately this is where you would think you
      should be able to select your Yahoo Mail account directly to sync with, but that is not an option here. It makes no sense to easily be able to add a Yahoo Mail account to your Microsoft Windows 10 Mail App, but there is no functionality to do this within
      the Microsoft Windows 10 People App. Maybe this will be the subject of a future "feature".
    This is extremely convoluted, but I have not found any other way to do it. If you continue to use Yahoo Mail and add more contacts there, you have to periodically update. I have not done this enough times to check if there are duplicates created, etc.

Stephanie G33, May 18, 2020
  3. Erin1616 Win User
    Syncing Yahoo contacts with People app

Thank you for your quick reply, but none of the above answers my question or solves my issues. They are all solutions to the issue of Calendars/Mail etc. in MSOffice not syncing events and other information, etc. None of them address the issue that the
    MS Mail app lacks a contacts feature and that the People app is not designed to pick up contacts from Yahoo mail. It just doesn't. Ever. It won't even list Yahoo as an option in its menu of accounts to choose from, even when Yahoo is already entered and
    running in the Mail app. So the People app cannot read and recognize the email servers that the Mail app is already running, never mind accessing the contact lists of those same servers. And the only way to sync contacts is through the People app. The Mail
    app has no contacts function of its own.

Erin1616, May 18, 2020
  4. Erin1616 Win User

How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?

Syncing Yahoo contacts with People app

The new Windows 10 mail app has a major flaw, it seems. It does not seem to be possible for standard Yahoo mail accounts to transfer their contact lists to your People app. Your People app is the only way in which contacts can be 'downloaded' to the Windows
    10 system of linked apps (People, Mail, Calendar). Why does the Windows 10 Mail app not have a simple 'sync contacts' function, the way that Android and Apple do? People insists on making me go to "Advanced Setup" to even enter a Yahoo account and then I
    have to know what my 'incoming email server' is as well as my 'account/mail type.' Why the heck isn't my Yahoo account, which is already linked with my Gmail on the Windows 10 Mail app, not one of the options being offered to me on the 'choose account' list
    in the People app? Why doesn't the Windows 10 app communicate with the People app and populated the 'choose account' list with Yahoo mail as an option? Without contacts, it is impossible to use your Mail app. Every address has to be looked up and written
    in. Sorry, I know this is a 'community' board, but had to vent...

Erin1616, May 18, 2020
Thema:

How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts?

1. How can I sync windows people with Yahoo contacts? - Similar Threads - sync Yahoo contacts

2. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  3. Cannot sync Google contacts with People app

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I have tried removing the google account and re entering it, making sure contacts is enabled in sync options. I have Checked my Firewall Settings are not interfering with the People also. I...
  4. Google Contacts wont sync with People app

Google Contacts wont sync with People app: I'm trying to sync Google Contacts in Windows but none of the contacts are appearing. I Click on People icon to see the syncing Status and it stays like that for Many hours with no contacts populating the People app. How long does syncing take from scratch? I have tried...
  5. Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble syncing iCloud Contacts into people: I pressed on the import logged in and it did let me get in, but then got stuck on the syncing accounts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trouble-syncing-icloud-contacts-into-people/e515148a-5d83-4b4b-890d-f184958e63ae
  6. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  7. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  8. How to Sync Yahoo

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Sync Yahoo: Ever since Microsoft Technician did a reset on my Dell Laptop I can no longer sync my Yahoo Mail account. I have spent hours, days,weeks and they say they do not know why it does not sync. I am not happy, this is not the reason I called them but now have more issues. This is...
  9. Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot sync Google contacts with People in Windows 10: I am new to Windows and have a very basic question. I am wanting to sync my Google contacts with People, but no matter what I've tried I've had no luck. Everything seems to be set up correctly, I'm not getting any error messages. They just won't sync. Any suggestions?...
  10. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...