Windows 10: How can I tell easily if Macrium Reflect is currently running a backup

Discus and support How can I tell easily if Macrium Reflect is currently running a backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Macrium Reflect set up to run backups on a daily schedule. When a backup starts, Macrium pops up a small window that gives me 30 seconds to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by perkinw, Mar 9, 2021.

1. perkinw Win User

How can I tell easily if Macrium Reflect is currently running a backup

I have Macrium Reflect set up to run backups on a daily schedule. When a backup starts, Macrium pops up a small window that gives me 30 seconds to cancel. Then the popup disappears and the backup runs. Now the only way I have to know if Macrium is running is by checking Task Manager. Monthly full backups take many hours, and I don't want to accidentally shut down the PC in the middle of a backup (I shut down when I'm done for the day). Is there an easy way to tell whether Macrium is running a backup? Maybe an icon in the system tray?

Windows 10.0.19042

:)

perkinw, Mar 9, 2021
  2. Ghot Win User

I always see an icon on the taskbar. It even has a progress bar on the icon.
    But I always run my backups manually.
    Further to the left, I also have a Macrium Reflect icon ON the taskbar.

How can I tell easily if Macrium Reflect is currently running a backup [​IMG]

Maybe if you have a Macrium Reflect icon on the taskbar, you'll get the one with the progress bar, when MR is running.

Ghot, Mar 9, 2021
  3. perkinw Win User

I have Macrium Reflect set up to run backups on a daily schedule. When a backup starts, Macrium pops up a small window that gives me 30 seconds to cancel. Then the popup disappears and the backup runs. Now the only way I have to know if Macrium is running is by checking Task Manager. Monthly full backups take many hours, and I don't want to accidentally shut down the PC in the middle of a backup (I shut down when I'm done for the day). Is there an easy way to tell whether Macrium is running a backup? Maybe an icon in the system tray?

Windows 10.0.19042

perkinw, Mar 9, 2021
  4. perkinw Win User

Excellent suggestion!

perkinw, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I tell easily if Macrium Reflect is currently running a backup - Similar Threads - tell easily Macrium

2. How can I monitor a running Macrium Reflect backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How can I monitor a running Macrium Reflect backup?: I run daily Macrium backups, using the grandparent, parent, child template. Once a month, a full backup runs, and it takes many hours. One is running today. At least I think its running. Here's the problem. There's an icon normally in the system tray which I believe is called...
  3. Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?

Can Macrium Reflect "miss" a scheduled backup?: I am using one of the "canned" backup definitions: Full backup at 9 AM on the first Monday of every month Differential backup at 9 AM every Monday of every week Incremental backup at 9 AM every Monday...Sunday The last full backup should have been done on Monday April 4, but...
  4. How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?

How can I test Macrium Reflect Free backup?: Because my Windows 10 pro crashed an became unbootable recently, I decided to be a little more proactive. To my dismay I found that Macrium Reflect Free does not support file backup, nor could I find a way to find and replace a file in the disk image backup I had made. I...
  5. Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?

Macrium Reflect backups external or internal drive?: I been using Macrium Reflect Free for a few weeks now and it already saved me from reinstalling Windows three times already. I want to know for backup images is it better to get a dedicated external drive for image backups or just to use an internal drive like I am using now....
  6. Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free

Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free: A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017 15:05:10 Initializing Destination Drive:...
  7. Macrium Reflect & backups & restore

Macrium Reflect & backups & restore: I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist, so you're not getting a...
  8. Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question

Macrium reflect - running a backup/image question: I run Macrium reflect free & create an image every week but have always assumed it created a new image (due to my choosing full backup every time) but had used a small 1TB HD for backup so didn't notice anything amiss. Recently I began using a 4TB HD & therefore thought it...
  9. How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?

How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?: I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. [img] The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful. However when I look at the file...
  10. Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect: Hello Everybody, I don't understand this line. (see screenshot. I'm going to use O: as my USB drive. So do I create O:\WinPE\rescue\media? Don Cole [img] 106524