Windows 10: How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan...

Discus and support How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.C trojan being returned by a rest-assured.jar file? I am taking a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GraceTinker, Jan 11, 2019.

1. How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan...

Hi. How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.C trojan being returned by a rest-assured.jar file? I am taking a class that requires a rest-assured.jar file (rest-assured-3.2.0.jar). Microsoft Defender removes the file and returns a message saying that the file has a Tisifi.C trojan associated with it. I saw a couple of other people on a GitHub forum and the rest-assured forum also ask this and some people were suggesting that this was possibly a false positive (the messages were from earlier this year and also from a couple of years ago)?

I need this jar for the class. How can I tell if MS Defender is really returning a false positive as suggested?

Thanks,

Grace T

:)

GraceTinker, Jan 11, 2019
  2. JDLinn Win User

False Positive - Rundas!plick Trojan

We have a small "exe" that we use extensively at "Return to Misty Moorings" This is for our "Season Switcher". When the program is run, the software is quarantined as a Rundas!plick Trojan. There is no Trojan or any other problem with this software, Malwarebytes
    and Spybot both show it does not have a problem. But every time our users try it with Defender, it is "quarantined". This is giving our site and our efforts for our fans a bad name from Microsoft's false positive. The program can be found at:

Return to Misty Moorings - NOTAMS

The "solution" from the Microsoft "help" chat was to "Turn off Windows Defender". That we can do and I can tell my thousands of followers on the site that this is Microsoft's suggestion (not a very good marketing idea). We need someone on the Defenders
    team to get our software "CLEARED" so this does not keep showing up as a Rundas!plick Trojan.

Please tell us who to contact or what needs to be done next.

Doug Linn/RTMM

JDLinn, Jan 11, 2019
  3. database of malware producing false positives or false negatives

Many months ago I communicated with Malwarebytes about a trojan that was detected by Defender that was not detected by Malwarebytes. They indicated that Microsoft Defender is likely a false positive and to wait weeks or months for Microsoft to update their
    database. To date the Defender continues to detect a trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

Defender does not detect any malware on quick scans. However on full scans it detects this trojan that is not detected by Malwarebytes.

How does an end user determine whether one antivirus program is producing false positives or false negatives?

questions_, Jan 11, 2019
  4. How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan...

C# EXE and MSI considered as trojan by Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi,

I developed a C# exe and a service (Windows Service). Few Windows 10 machines flag that as having Trojan Win32\Critet.BS. Which is false positive. Is there a way to report that to Microsoft and know what
    might be causing it.

Reason is for a user seeing this warning by Defender is scary. Any link/tutorial or suggestions will be helpful

Deepak.cvo, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan...

1. How can I tell if Microsoft Defender is returning a false positive on a Tisifi.c trojan... - Similar Threads - tell Microsoft Defender

2. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in protection history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT...
  3. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  4. Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wacatac trojan horse infection or false positive?: Hi,I booted up my computer and immediately recieved a notification that Wacatac was detected by Microsoft security.I ran a scan to remove it, so now its saying no virus is detected but "remediation is incomplete" in history.I ran a scan with Malwarebytes and KVRT and both are...
  5. How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?

How can i stop false positives in Windows defender?: I have done some research but i cant find how to stop these false positives there names are win32/hive.zy.So if someone would please help me than i would appreciate it....
  6. False positive in Defender?

False positive in Defender?: Defender has just identified an alleged Script/Wacatc.B1Ml trojan in a zip file that has been on my system for many years. It didn't object to the unzipped version, a vbs file. I don't know where the zip file has been put, to send a sample and I can't remember how to send...
  7. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...
  8. Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?

Defender Found Trojan in USMT.ppkg - real or false positive?: I recently bought an MSI Raider GE431. I ran a full anti-virus scan using Windows Defender. It found the following: Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn Affected items: containerfile: C:\Recovery\Customizations\USMT.ppkg file:...
  9. Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry

Sandboxie 5.28 - Trojan or False Positive - Inquiry: According to both Virus Total & OPSWAT, Sandboxie 5.28 contains the Trojan Shelma. See for yourself. Just download Sandboxie 5.28 then upload to the 2 following online scanners. https://www.virustotal.com/#/home/upload https://metadefender.opswat.com/#!/ Informed...
  10. Windows Defender False Positives

Windows Defender False Positives: I received an alarming message from WD which says all antivirus providers are disabled, which I think was a false positives. So I went on a check. And the result: [ATTACH] Protection is on, license is active and my firewall is on too. Can you tell why that message is...