Windows 10: How can I tell if my cap lock is on?

Discus and support How can I tell if my cap lock is on? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I tell if my cap lock is on?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Joy JennaSapia, Feb 7, 2019.

1. How can I tell if my cap lock is on?

How can I tell if my cap lock is on?

:)

Joy JennaSapia, Feb 7, 2019

2. Caps Lock Icon

Hi Graeme,

The Caps Lock On indicator may have been disabled that's why it doesn't appear on your screen when Caps Lock is on. To have it enabled, follow these steps:

• Right-click on your desktop and click Display Settings.
    • Click Advanced display settings.
    • Scroll down and click Display adapter properties.
    • Click the Screen configurations tab and check the box for
      Enable on-screen display
    • Under Indicator settings for NumLock and CapsLock, look for While the numeric lock or the caps lock is ON section and choose either
      Show the indicator for a few seconds or Always show the indicator on the screen.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 7, 2019
  3. Disable Caps Lock on Windows 10?

The below does not disable CAPS LOCK; instead it converts CAPS LOCK into SHIFT LOCK.

• Right-click Start
    • Choose Control Panel.
    • Under Clock, Language and Region, choose
      Change input methods.
    • On the left, choose
      Advanced Settings.
    • Near the bottom, click on
      Change language bar hot keys (this is a blue link)
    • On the Advanced Key Settings tab, select Press the Shift key
      radio button.
    • Click OK, then Save
    After this change:

• You press the CAPS LOCK key puts the keyboard in all-caps mode
    • You press the SHIFT key to turn off CAPS LOCK and exit all-caps mode.
      • Note that pressing CAPS LOCK again
        will not turn off CAPS LOCK; only by pressing either SHIFT key will CAPS LOCK turn off.
    This is similar behavior to how the SHIFT LOCK key works on typewriters.

blackeneth, Feb 7, 2019
  4. relwood Win User

Disable Cap Locks

I want to disable CAP LOCK in windows can somebody give me step by step instructions

relwood, Feb 7, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I tell if my cap lock is on? - Similar Threads - tell cap lock

2. How can I remove this Caps Lock notification on my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove this Caps Lock notification on my screen?: This is the Problem with my issue- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-caps-lock-notification-on-my/00e01bcf-9971-44ea-b5e7-4a185e0c9b99
  3. How can I remove this Caps Lock notification on my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove this Caps Lock notification on my screen?: This is the Problem with my issue- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-this-caps-lock-notification-on-my/00e01bcf-9971-44ea-b5e7-4a185e0c9b99
  4. How can I turn off the caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn off the caps lock notification?: This issue only occurred yesterday, whenever I use caps lock, a notification is on the bottom of my screen. I've tried multiple solutions including using Taskmanager, the ease of access and the display section of settings and Logi+ but have not succeeded as many of the...
  5. How can I turn off the caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I turn off the caps lock notification?: This issue only occurred yesterday, whenever I use caps lock, a notification is on the bottom of my screen. I've tried multiple solutions including using Taskmanager, the ease of access and the display section of settings and Logi+ but have not succeeded as many of the...
  6. How can I turn off the caps lock notification?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How can I remove this " CAPS LOCK" indictor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I remove this " CAPS LOCK" indictor?: [ATTACH] Since the last windows update it starts to show submitted by /u/t_x11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mfpiwv/how_can_i_remove_this_caps_lock_indictor/
  8. How can i turn of the caps lock indicator?

How can i turn of the caps lock indicator?: Hello! Recently a got a new gaming pc and i have had no problems until today when i was playing a game and everytime i pressed caps lock a black and white caption appeared at the right hand lower corner. The caption is not what is bothering me but the fact that is exits the...
  9. How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?: When I toggle caps lock and num lock there is a notification on my screen. How do I turn this off? This doesn't work because I don't have a "Screen configurations" tab (maybe because I am using multiple monitors?). Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  10. How can I disable caps lock in Windows 10

How can I disable caps lock in Windows 10: How can I disable caps lock in Windows 10 the old regedit for 8.1 doesn't seem to work? 11464