Windows 10: How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

Discus and support How can I tell if the proxy is working properly? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielLiterski, Sep 17, 2018.

1. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

:)

DanielLiterski, Sep 17, 2018
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Sep 17, 2018
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

Windows 10 Store - Never worked properly since purchased laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Windows Store.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

We appreciate your effort and time spent in resolving the issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Is Windows 10 operating system pre-installed on your computer?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

I understand that you have mentioned most of the troubleshooting steps, I recommend try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type “Date and Time” in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Method 3: I suggest you to Disable Proxy Settings

Windows Store apps won't work properly if you are using a proxy server. You may disable the proxy server and check.

Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows Key + R to open run command, type
      inetcpl.cpl.
    • Under Internet Options, go to
      Connections
      tab.
    • c. Click on the LAN Settings button.
    • Then uncheck the option Use a proxy server for your LAN.
    • Click Apply.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I tell if the proxy is working properly?

1. How can I tell if the proxy is working properly? - Similar Threads - tell proxy working

2. how can i tell if it is a hacker of microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i tell if it is a hacker of microsoft?: hackers are using your window denfender software to make it like it is microsoft giving me a trusted phone number to call in to clear up my computor. all he is doin g is placing a program on my computor to hack in whenever he wants to get info, it comes in as window security...
  3. how can i tell if it is a hacker of microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i tell if it is a hacker of microsoft?: hackers are using your window denfender software to make it like it is microsoft giving me a trusted phone number to call in to clear up my computor. all he is doin g is placing a program on my computor to hack in whenever he wants to get info, it comes in as window security...
  4. Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download: Can you tell me how i can download? Can you tell me how i can download a desktop/screensaver with current, real time weather wallpaper for my desktop windows pc? free? Thank you?...
  5. Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can anyone tell me how to properly control scrolling in Windows?: No matter what program I'm in on my desktop computer, Windows always tries to "help" me by scrolling up and down when I'm working on a file. You might think that even if Windows had literally NO idea what it was doing, it would choose the correct direction to scroll about...
  6. Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disabling proxy with PowerShell doesn't work, how can I achieve this?: I am uninstalling an application which due to a bug sometimes enables the Windows Proxy setting in Windows 10. The PCs are distributed globally so I need to schedule a task to trigger after the uninstall (in case proxy gets enabled and network connection is lost) to check if...
  7. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...: I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in...
  8. How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I tell if my laptop fan is working properly?: My laptop seems hotter than normal. How can I test to see if the fan is running properly? I guess I should also ask what the core temperature should be - and ask hot find out what it is? Thank you........ 87418
  9. How To Tell Proper W10 Home Retail From OEM/I?

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Tell Proper W10 Home Retail From OEM/I?: I have found a very good price for an English International Windows 10 Home, supposadly KW9-00017. However, the seller seems to be under the impression that it might be OEM/OEI which is why it is about 40 cheaper than usual. What specific questions can I ask him to determine...
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can i tell proxy server is working