Windows 10: How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

Discus and support How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, I am going to start from the beginning. This all started happening one night when I was paying fortnite on my ps4 and I noticed my HP laptop blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Malcolm Adger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

Okay, I am going to start from the beginning. This all started happening one night when I was paying fortnite on my ps4 and I noticed my HP laptop blue screened. So I restarted and then it blue screened again and then when it boots up to the boot logo (doesn't go to windows 10) and says "No os found" or "No boot drive found." But when I restart everything is fine, My laptop boots to windows. It only blue screened once in a while. Of course, this is leading me to suspect my hard drive, but can this be caused by bad ram or something? Also, I noticed it gets pretty hot being it has an Intel i7 in it. Can this lead to random blue screens? Thank you for anyone replying to this or looking at it.

Thanks

MalcolmHow can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)? :)

:)

Malcolm Adger, Sep 18, 2018

2. Blue Screen of Deaths on a Daily

I have tried all of the options there, Which is why i included in my post the lists of things that i performed to isolate the cause of bsod. Thanks

cainegetutua, Sep 18, 2018
  3. timta2 Win User
    Blue Screen Problems

How long did you let memtest run for? I would let it run overnight. Did you try running something like Intel Burn Test? It sounds like you took the steps I would suggest. I had that same motherboard (and E8400) and when I had that BSOD it was always memory related.

timta2, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

Blue Error screen not going away

Hello,

For us to provide an accurate resolution for the issue that you are experiencing, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Did you receive a stop code when you experienced the blue screen error?
    • Were there any changes on your computer like updates or software installed on your computer before this happened?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you visit this
    article
    . From there, you'll see troubleshooting steps to resolve BSOD issues.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Paolo Mag, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

1. How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)? - Similar Threads - tell casing blue

2. Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?: Hi, i have just upgraded my cpu from i5 3330p to i7 3770, pc boots normally but all kinds of blue screens occur when i start a game or just open a browser. Every drivers are up to date....
  3. Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?: Hi, i have just upgrade my cpu from i5 3330p to i7 3770, pc boots normally but all kinds of blue screens occur when i start a game or just open a browser. Every drivers are up to date....
  4. Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screens after upgrading a cpu, whats causing the bsods and how can i fix it?: Hi, i have just upgrade my cpu from i5 3330p to i7 3770, pc boots normally but all kinds of blue screens occur when i start a game or just open a browser. Every drivers are up to date....
  5. What caused blue screen of death and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What caused blue screen of death and how can I fix it?: Can someone help me diagnose why I have been getting the blue screen of death please. I can attach the minidump file it created after the crash. I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what caused the crash and how to fix it. Thank...
  6. What caused blue screen of death and how can I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What caused blue screen of death and how can I fix it?: Can someone help me diagnose why I have been getting the blue screen of death please. I can attach the minidump file it created after the crash. I would really appreciate if someone could help me figure out what caused the crash and how to fix it. Thank...
  7. Windows 10 Blue Screen Issue - Can someone tell me what is causing the blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Blue Screen Issue - Can someone tell me what is causing the blue screen?: This is the link to the information I collected as recommended for researching Windows 10 blue screen issues: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvRTbdmKilcDihsIxgz23SlDJoUo?e=YesUP9...
  8. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  9. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...: I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in...
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...