Windows 10: How can I tell what Theme I am using?

Discus and support How can I tell what Theme I am using? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I know this is a strange question but I wonder how I can tell what Theme I selected. I just built a new system for my wife and am having a VERY hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MPSAN, Dec 15, 2016.

1. MPSAN Win User

How can I tell what Theme I am using?

I know this is a strange question but I wonder how I can tell what Theme I selected. I just built a new system for my wife and am having a VERY hard time seeing items on things like File Explorer. Some items in file explorer like Date and Size, etc are very dim and when I select an item the hi light is almost not noticeable. I wanted to clear a directory and did a ctrl-A and did not see they were all marked.
    I ask this as on my system, I did select a theme and it is great. I changed the desktop picture, so can not see what theme I originally used. Is there any way I can see what theme I selected for my system as I would like to select the same one on my wife's new system. Perhaps there is a directory of my themes?

Thank You

:)

MPSAN, Dec 15, 2016

2. how can I tell which windows updates I am missing

Hi DRobinson,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows Update in Control Panel will open and show your update status. It should be turned on, When you turn on automatic updating, most updates will download and install.

Windows Update is the premier starting point to resolve most common issues you might experience immediately after installing Windows 10.

Simply launch it from Start > Settings >
    Update and Recovery
    and click Check for Updates

or

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type: wuapp
    • Hit Enter
    • Click Check for updates (make sure you have an active Internet connection).
    Step 1: Let us run Windows Update troubleshooter to fix the problem.

It makes sure that your computer is connected to the Internet, and checks to see whether your network adapter and Windows Update services are running correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Under System and Security, click Fix problems with Windows Updates.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 15, 2016
  3. how can I tell which windows updates I am missing

DRobinsonWeiss, Dec 15, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

How can I tell what Theme I am using? [​IMG]

The first two on the left relate directly- from Settings click Theme Settings to get the file explorer view.
    The other two are folders related to themes. Those in the lower right are installed themes.

(And yes, that's Win10)

dalchina, Dec 16, 2016
  5. MPSAN Win User
    Well, I am showing colors custom but I do not see where to see what I had chosen. I went to Control Panel personalize and see the pic of our dog as background but it is the colors I wish to see.

MPSAN, Dec 16, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member

Hi, do you mean that?

dalchina, Dec 16, 2016
  7. MPSAN Win User
    Yes, it says colors customized but there seems to be no way to see what I had done. One issue with Windows 10 is that if you do try a new theme there seems to be no way to go back if you do not remember the name of the previous theme, or custom colors that you chose.

MPSAN, Dec 16, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

The information is there, as to accessing it from the GUI explicitly... in my first screenshot that theme's the 2nd image in My themes, so you can see it there. (The first one represents the current theme as it is with any changes there might have been).

dalchina, Dec 16, 2016
  9. MPSAN Win User
    I can see what my reg says...
    Also, will SMACC allow me to change the colors in File Explorer, etc?

MPSAN, Dec 16, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    It appears to do a lot of what the advanced Windows setting dialogue used to do in Win 7.
    MS removed that, but the registry keys are still there. For now.
    S.M.A.C.C - Superfly's Mouse Assisted Color Chooser

I don't know if it changes the background of file explorer and control panel - these are separately set; if not, Quizo's Qttabbar (free) - which adds tabs inside file explorer's dialogue box- lets yo do that.

dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  11. MPSAN Win User
    OK, I will look. This is a new system I finished for my wife and I have not played too much with themes to get the text clearer.

MPSAN, Dec 17, 2016
  12. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Dec 17, 2016
  13. MPSAN Win User

Thank you I am almost done setting her system up and will then try to do some of this. Now the biggest issue seems to be that any high-lite is just washing out the text.

MPSAN, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I tell what Theme I am using? - Similar Threads - tell Theme using

2. How can I tell what python script is using my GPU?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I tell what python script is using my GPU?: I am using Stable Diffusion ComfyUI with a RTX 3060 TI 8gig VRAM. There are times when the program stops working, however, in task manager, I will still see the dedicated RAM taken up, and hear the fans running very fast.I then try to end all programs associated with python...
  3. How can I tell what python script is using my GPU?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I tell what python script is using my GPU?: I am using Stable Diffusion ComfyUI with a RTX 3060 TI 8gig VRAM. There are times when the program stops working, however, in task manager, I will still see the dedicated RAM taken up, and hear the fans running very fast.I then try to end all programs associated with python...
  4. How can I tell what is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I tell what is running in the background?: How can I tell what is running in the background? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-what-is-running-in-the-background/e4dd5085-39c1-4cdf-837b-2130f584f9bd
  5. How can I change theme

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change theme: Is there any way that i can add other themes from the web and make them default theme https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-theme/4c9990d6-f519-4992-833a-eb7cf96c9490
  6. How can I tell if I am linked to a laptop Mac air

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I tell if I am linked to a laptop Mac air: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0mZzc2HUbR2q0ngUeKQrYS5RQ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-tell-if-i-am-linked-to-a-laptop-mac-air/fabed20b-c7bd-49fb-998b-476e89507c8c
  7. How can I tell which version of Windows 10 I am running.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell which version of Windows 10 I am running.: A Microsoft tech tried to upgrade to the Nov2019 version for me. Due to slow internet connection it took hours. The computer finaly rebooted and is working but I can't tell if it was successful or not. Reason for the upgrade was that I was setting up new computer and...
  8. How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that...: I've been noticing A LOT of fake websites with "free" offers and the like...How can you tell if a website is really what it claims to be? (Like how can I tell that Microsoft.com is really Microsoft?) If you use any specific programs, please recommend them. Thank you in...
  9. How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can i tell what is casing this blue screen (BSOD)?: Okay, I am going to start from the beginning. This all started happening one night when I was paying fortnite on my ps4 and I noticed my HP laptop blue screened. So I restarted and then it blue screened again and then when it boots up to the boot logo (doesn't go to windows...
  10. How can I tell.....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I tell.....: How can i tell if I have actually upgraded to the free upgrade to 10 pro; or whether I am still running the last insider version of 10240? I used the dvd/usb tool from the microsoft store to transfer the iso for 10 from the media creation tool to setup files and ran the setup...