Windows 10: How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?

Discus and support How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have Forza Horizon 4 installed, and half of Forza 7 downloaded onto a 2nd drive (D Drive). I then had to reinstall Windows on my SSD (C Drive)... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Win10-is-canned-disappoin, Oct 28, 2019.

1. How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?

I have Forza Horizon 4 installed, and half of Forza 7 downloaded onto a 2nd drive (D Drive). I then had to reinstall Windows on my SSD (C Drive) because it started to go nuts again .. Deleting programs, files, folders etc, every couple of days. According to defender it was clean, same with Avast. Don't use the system that often anyway.

Now I have a full D drive with these huge apps installed that Windows can't see. How can I tell the store where the files are located.

Trying with Forza Horizon 4, if I click install, and select D drive the Store will not use it because it's too full to accept a second install on top of everything else.

:)

Win10-is-canned-disappoin, Oct 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft to remove low quality apps from Windows Store

P4-630, Oct 28, 2019
  4. How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?

Windows 10 installing progs

It's Microsoft pushing Apps from their Windows Store whether you want them or not. Even on a clean install you will have pending installation of Apps in the Tiles section (A great App awaits) when you click on the Start Menu. Same for me on Windows 10 Professional, ended up with Twitter, Facebook, Candy Crush, Microsoft Solitaire Collection, and some others I'm forgetting the name of. Facebook is a new one.

biffzinker, Oct 28, 2019
Thema:

How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed?

1. How can I tell Windows 10 Microsoft Store where apps are installed? - Similar Threads - tell Microsoft Store

2. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  3. Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it !: Hi, Where is the search feature of Microsoft Store ? how can I find and install an app from it there is no way to search.Here you can see how it looks like restarting the PC does not help :...
  4. Can I change where Microsoft Store apps is installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change where Microsoft Store apps is installed?: I want to install Forza Horizon 5, but I don't have enough space on my C: drive. I know how to change the installation drive, but I want to install Forza in a specific folder on my D: drive. Is the folder changable or only the installation drive?My C: drive is a Samsung 970...
  5. Can I change where Microsoft Store apps is installed?

Can I change where Microsoft Store apps is installed?: I want to install Forza Horizon 5, but I don't have enough space on my C: drive. I know how to change the installation drive, but I want to install Forza in a specific folder on my D: drive. Is the folder changable or only the installation drive?My C: drive is a Samsung 970...
  6. Can I change where Microsoft Store apps is installed?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  8. How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?

How to change where microsoft store installs games/apps?: I am trying to download forza horizon 5 123gb and it said that I needed to free up drive space but I wanted to install it to a different drive. I found a different page which told me how to change default save locations and it did not work. I keep getting the same "free up...
  9. How can I Tell the Microsoft Store Where Previously Installed Applications are?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can I Tell the Microsoft Store Where Previously Installed Applications are?: Hello, I recently installed a Forza Horizon Four on my D Drive, but I had to reinstall Windows. I was wondering if it was possible to tell the Microsoft Store where Forza Horizon Four is so that I don't have to download the game all over again. Is there a setting where I...
  10. Windows will not install apps where I tell it to.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows will not install apps where I tell it to.: I have changed my install location for apps from my C drive to my F drive because I do not have enough room on my C drive to store games from the Xbox for PC app. I had been installing and playing games on that drive for a few months but now for some reason I'm now not able...