Windows 10: How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring?

Discus and support How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I turn off family safety for my son a few hours every day, so he can freely navigate. Then turn it on at certain hours. However, to do this I need to... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Antonio M Salazar, Jan 14, 2021.

1. How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring?

I turn off family safety for my son a few hours every day, so he can freely navigate. Then turn it on at certain hours. However, to do this I need to either remove him from Family Safety or turn off every feature. Is there a way to turn it off temporarily without having to turn on each feature each time I need to turn it on?

Any advice much welcome

:)

Antonio M Salazar, Jan 14, 2021

2. How to turn off Family safety settings

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to remove the family safety settings. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you regarding the
    family safety settings.

Turn off family settings in Windows 10

• To turn off family settings for a child in your family, sign in at account.microsoft.com/family. Then choose one of these
      options:
      • Remove them from family settings by choosing Remove, then selecting their account, then selecting
        Remove again. They’ll still be able to sign in to their PCs, but this will remove any family limits that you set.
      • Or select them from the main family page, which will bring you to their Recent activity. If
        Activity reporting is turned On, turn it
        Off.
        Then repeat for the other settings pages (Web browsing, Apps, games & media, Screen time, Purchase & spending), making sure that those switches are turned
        Off.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 14, 2021
  3. Family Safety: Son's computer not recognizing changes in Windows 10.

Hi Joanne,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with . I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in family safety account.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you tried to log out or restart from the child's computer and logging in to the computer?
    • Are you able to see the child account in the Family Safety settings after removing it?

I suggest you to refer to the steps below to remove the child account from the family safety account and also turn on
    Activity reporting.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/turn-off-family-settings-in-windows-10

Please get back to us with an update on issue wit managing child account in Family Safety, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 14, 2021
  4. How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring?

Family Safety Not Changing

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that the screen time usage is inaccurate for the child account/s you are referring to.

Please follow the below suggested methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to view and check the family settings for the child by signing in to the Microsoft account using a web browser.

Account security and Online safety.

https://account.microsoft.com/privacy

You may change the More security settings under account security and
    family safety settings/Manage permissions for children under Online safety in the above link.

Method 2

If it still does not help, I suggest you to remove the child account from your Microsoft Family Safety settings and check if it is the Family Safety feature which is preventing the child account to access Office products.

Follow the below steps.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Ref: How do I turn off family features?

Method 3

• Open the File Explorer, navigate to the location:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls
    • Inside the Parental Controls folder, delete all contents including any files and folders.
    • Sign out and then sign in again to re-build the setting data.

Additionally, I also suggest you to visit to the below link on Family Safety

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/family

Refer to the section Set limits for your child.

Also refer to the section 'How can I tell if the Family Safety service is connected to my PC and set up correctly?' in the article provided.

Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...uestions/5672f7b2-e3c0-498a-9a6c-c9cab39f68e5

Please write to us with the updated status related to Family Safety feature, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring?

1. How can I temporarily turn off Family Safety for my offspring? - Similar Threads - temporarily turn off

2. How to turn off Microsoft Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off Microsoft Family Safety?: Hi,Miscrosoft Family Safety has decided to turn it's self on on my laptop. My partner and I own this laptop, and neither of us have set this up nor can we figure out how to disable it. Our accounts aren't linked as when I check my 'family', I am the only member there. How do...
  3. How to turn off Microsoft Family Safety?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off Microsoft Family Safety?: Hi,Miscrosoft Family Safety has decided to turn it's self on on my laptop. My partner and I own this laptop, and neither of us have set this up nor can we figure out how to disable it. Our accounts aren't linked as when I check my 'family', I am the only member there. How do...
  4. How can I Temporarily turn off my PC/ Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Temporarily turn off my PC/ Microsoft Account?: Hi,I have seen that my Pc is one of the significant distractions I need to minimise as it would take most of my productive time for leisure. So, I am planning to temporarily terminate my PC Microsoft account. As I want my PC on Fridays due to some important work, so I may...
  5. How can I Temporarily turn off my PC/ Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I Temporarily turn off my PC/ Microsoft Account?: Hi,I have seen that my Pc is one of the significant distractions I need to minimise as it would take most of my productive time for leisure. So, I am planning to temporarily terminate my PC Microsoft account. As I want my PC on Fridays due to some important work, so I may...
  6. How can I Temporarily turn off my PC/ Microsoft Account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Family safety screen time will not turn off

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family safety screen time will not turn off: My son who is 18 yrs old as just bought a new laptop with windows 10 installed. He has a microsoft account which has had for some time for his xbox. He now finds that his laptop is restricted on screen times based upon some older settings when the xbox was bought through...
  8. Temporarily turn off protection.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Temporarily turn off protection.: Hello. I've been trying to run an executable but receive a message stating that Windows has prevented the .exe because it's unknown. Is there a way to temporarily allow this .exe to run? The message comes within a blue square.[ATTACH]...
  9. How to turn off Family safety settings in registry or GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to turn off Family safety settings in registry or GPO: I simply want to disable FamilySafetyMonitor and other tasks via registry and through GPO if there are options available for doing so. I may prefer one method over another depending on the situation. Can you please provide direction for doing this?...
  10. Hoq to turn off family safety

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hoq to turn off family safety: I am 19 years old and in windows 7 family safety slowed down your computer can you turn it off and if yes how do you? 58559