Windows 10: How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily?

Discus and support How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Right now the only option I have is to go to the sound device's properties and toggling it in the Enhancements tab. submitted by /u/skyesdow [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skyesdow, Dec 6, 2019.

1. How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily?

Right now the only option I have is to go to the sound device's properties and toggling it in the Enhancements tab.

submitted by /u/skyesdow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skyesdow, Dec 6, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't find loudness equalization

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get proper audio output levels on certain videos.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of file that you are playing. As you have mentioned that you are unable to find Loudness equalization, I would like to inform that certain audio devices and audio card does not provide the Audio Enhancements
    options.

However, you may want to have a look at the Sound Control panel, and see if Loudness Equalization Enhancement is available. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily? 4cab7dad-768d-4d38-813d-9d8c8528a573?upload=true.png

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

We can try to use an alternate audio driver and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on Realtek Audio and select
      Update Driver.
    4. Select Browse my computer for Driver Software.
    5. In the next screen, select Let me pick from a list of available drivers.
    6. Check the box Show Compatible Hardware and select
      High Definition Audio Device.
    7. Click on Yes if you get any prompt.
    If you do not see any change, you can use Update Driver option and Search automatically to revert to Realtek driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 6, 2019
  3. After KB4497934 Update, No Loudness Equalization

I installed the KB4497934 update today. Now, I can't find how to get into the Loudness Equalization as described at https://www.howtogeek.com/115656/3-ways-to-normalize-sound-volume-on-your-pc/
    When I right click the speaker icon in the system tray, "Playback devices" has disappeared from the menu. I want to equalize the sound at the same level when I'm streaming radio stations instead of constantly having to turn the volume up and down. Is the
    Loudness Equalization feature gone?

M22_Tanker, Dec 6, 2019
  4. How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily?

loudness equalization keeps being turned off

This last week, my computer keeps turning the Loudness Equalization setting off. Is there any way to stop this?

JMFJMFJMFJMF, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily?

1. How can I toggle Loudness Equalization more easily? - Similar Threads - toggle Loudness Equalization

2. How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4TB MountUUP folder?: Currently Build 19033 How can I QUICKLY and EASILY INSTANTLY delete the 4 TeraByte plus MountUUP folder??? I downloaded Build 19035 from UUPDump and when it's creating the ISO file it creates this folder in the root of the drive where you've downloaded the new build. It...
  3. Can't find loudness equalization

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't find loudness equalization: I have a new XPS 13 (9380) with RealTek Audio. I can't find loudness equalization and I get widely fluctuating volumes even with the same video. In the mixer, output levels never approach the max on certain videos. [ATTACH]...
  4. Loudness Equalization Doesn't Work for Me in Windows 10

Loudness Equalization Doesn't Work for Me in Windows 10: I've been using a Xitel HiFi-Link Model AN-1 with my Vaio Windows 7 laptop for years. (I also own a Xitel MP3-Streamer, and I've used that, as well, with that laptop from time to time.) Windows 7 has a sound enhancement feature called, "Loudness Equalization," which has...
  5. HOW CAN I GET MY WEBCAN ON / OFF USING A TOGGLE ??

HOW CAN I GET MY WEBCAN ON / OFF USING A TOGGLE ??: GET MY WEB CAN ON / OFF USING A TOGGLE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-webcan-on-off-using-a-toggle/31ddfcea-0bcd-436c-b223-d672fe6d6092
  6. How do I properly set up the 'Loudness Equalization

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I properly set up the 'Loudness Equalization: When I choose to enable loudness equalization it has a settings button that says "Release Time" and under it has a slider that says short - long. How do I know where to put the slider?...
  7. After KB4497934 Update, No Loudness Equalization

After KB4497934 Update, No Loudness Equalization: I installed the KB4497934 update today. Now, I can't find how to get into the Loudness Equalization as described at https://www.howtogeek.com/115656/3-ways-to-normalize-sound-volume-on-your-pc/ When I right click the speaker icon in the system tray, "Playback devices" has...
  8. How can I easily store my photos, to access them and upload

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I easily store my photos, to access them and upload: How can I store my photos , I am downloading them from google photos and then they disappear! Also the ones I have stored are a shambles, can I change this...
  9. How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?

How Can I Switch Between Themes Easily?: How can I switch between win themes easily? Is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut? 107161
  10. How can I switch between tablet mode easily?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I switch between tablet mode easily?: I know I can use settings, but that is a pain (too many steps). Would there be a one click (or double click) way to change this (toggle it?). Thanks. 11010