Windows 10: How can I totally disable MS Edge?

Discus and support How can I totally disable MS Edge? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Techniques offered to prevent MS Edge from booting automatically failed totally. Now I want to totally disable MS Edge. I am fed up. refer to:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iilola, May 6, 2020.

1. iilola Win User

How can I totally disable MS Edge?

Techniques offered to prevent MS Edge from booting automatically failed totally. Now I want to totally disable MS Edge. I am fed up.

refer to:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-prevent-totally-ms-edge-from-booting-up/89a9dfec-594f-40ac-8601-323b75648304?messageId=4ca30931-93c3-4eb2-9ecc-2991eee3411d&rtAction=1588784162149

:)

iilola, May 6, 2020

2. Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Mister Azaruddin,

Did You prove to do your suggestion to enable flash player on MS Edge on Windows phone 10 ?

It seems not.

Regards,

Paulo Ernane

PauloErnane, May 6, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 6, 2020
  4. How can I totally disable MS Edge?

Flash player in Windows Phone - MS Edge

Hi,

Check if you can enable to flash player on MS Edge browser. To do so, follow these steps.

1. Open MS Edge browser and click on more actions [...].
    2. Click on Settings and select View advanced settings
      tab.
    3. Turn on Use Adobe Flash player and check if it works.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

d27d82e2-fb05-4614-acb9-ca0ca5ab7ba8, May 6, 2020
Thema:

How can I totally disable MS Edge?

1. How can I totally disable MS Edge? - Similar Threads - totally disable Edge

2. How do I totally disable windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I totally disable windows updates: Hi,I am going to run a software I made, that will probably take days to finish. I need to totally disable the update feature because it makes the system reboot.I have so far been able to configure the update to wait for a week with no changes to the system, but I can't find a...
  3. Disable news for ms edge

in Browsers and Email
    Disable news for ms edge: How to disable news as the default start up and home page of ms edge ? 179177
  4. How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I Totally Disable Windows Defender?: I have Windows Defender turned off, but somehow it still manages to pop up blocking things I do not want blocked. I really ticks me off when my computer tells me what I can or cannot do. Does anyone know how to totally disable, block, remove Windows Defender? Thanks...
  5. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  6. How can I disable Microsoft Edge?

How can I disable Microsoft Edge?: How can I disable Microsoft Edge in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-microsoft-edge/96d49e51-c993-4e76-9a97-95be9130125a
  7. Disable script debugging in MS Edge

Disable script debugging in MS Edge: The MS Support instructions for Windows 10/Edge are often incorrect. For example, there is no tab available for "internet options" only "advanced settings" which does not have the simple tools available as options that are often needed. If I get an error message about a...
  8. How to disable Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Edge: I would like to disable Edge. Everytime I open my computer, Edge opens and displays Bing. I don't want to use Edge or Bing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_social/how-to-disable-edge/2a99ad5b-237e-4b20-ad0a-20d731d5ee0a
  9. Totally unimpressed by edge

in Browsers and Email
    Totally unimpressed by edge: It doesn't do much does it? I can't believe they still haven't included url paste and go in the address bar. i'd rather have the address bar in the usual place across the top . The location of the favourites bar is in a terrible position on the right, what on earth is...
  10. How do I totally disable Edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    How do I totally disable Edge browser?: I thought I had disabled this browser when I setup my new Windows 10 OS upgrade. But every time I use Ccleaner I get a message that it is running and do I want to close it. So how can I get rid of this problem? 44609