Windows 10: How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive?

Discus and support How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have full of images and videos I want to transfer from my DropBox to my OneDrive all at once how would I do this exactly?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IntenseJames, Mar 23, 2019.

1. How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive?

I have full of images and videos I want to transfer from my DropBox to my OneDrive all at once how would I do this exactly?

:)

IntenseJames, Mar 23, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, Mar 23, 2019
  3. wallace99 Win User
    Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Mar 23, 2019
  4. agent99 Win User

How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive?

Onedrive adds folders already in Dropbox

When I recently did a clean install of Win10 on my wife's computer, it put a number of folders in her Onedrive folder (without asking!). She has an outlook.com email account. This was quite fortunate in a way because one of the folders was her Desktop. This helped in the clean install. She logs into her computer using a local log-in.

My question relates to Onedrive, Dropbox, This PC and User-gerry for documents, pictures etc

What I find, is that there are folders for documents and pictures, in Dropbox, Onedrive and in This PC. There are no such folders under users-gerry, but Dropbox and Onedrive are there.

For example:
    Onedrive
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - Desktop
    - others
    Dropbox
    - Documents
    - Pictures
    - others
    This PC
    - Document
    - Pictures
    - others
    Users-->Gerry
    - Dropbox
    - Onedrive
    - others, but no separate documents or pictures folders

I tried changing the name of one file in Dropbox Documents, but that change did not show up in Onedrive or the This PC folder. I could do some more testing, but it seemed folders are not synchronized.

The above resulted from doing a clean install to a new drive, then copying the key folders over from old Win 10 drive that I put in an external enclosure.

What I am looking for, is a way to make sure that all folders are at least synchronized and in proper locations.

Thanks for any help

agent99, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive?

1. How can I transfer all of my pictures and videos from DropBox to OneDrive? - Similar Threads - transfer pictures videos

2. I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?: I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?For example: I am going to order a picture from easy canvas. I pull up their program and try to upload a picture from my picture file and when I hit select it comes up with an empty file....
  3. I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?: I cannot get pictures from onedrive to my pc. how do I make the transfer?For example: I am going to order a picture from easy canvas. I pull up their program and try to upload a picture from my picture file and when I hit select it comes up with an empty file....
  4. how do i transfer onedrive to dropbox on windows 11 the easiest way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i transfer onedrive to dropbox on windows 11 the easiest way: how can i transfer all onedrive to dropbox the easiest and or the fastest way? or how do i transfer pictures from camera imports on onedrive to dropbox ? this what I need to figure out how to do.Theres 7.5Gbs of pics i want to move to dropbox. Can u explain the easiest...
  5. how do i transfer onedrive to dropbox on windows 11 the easiest way

how do i transfer onedrive to dropbox on windows 11 the easiest way: how can i transfer all onedrive to dropbox the easiest and or the fastest way? or how do i transfer pictures from camera imports on onedrive to dropbox ? this what I need to figure out how to do.Theres 7.5Gbs of pics i want to move to dropbox. Can u explain the easiest...
  6. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?: I have been trying to share a video about 2.6 gigs size with public w/o specifying e-mails. Initially there was a Public folder where I copied the video and was able to copy a link to send out. However, to viewers video would stop at 1.0 hr, but it is about 1.s hrs. long. I...
  7. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?: I have been trying to share a video about 2.6 gigs size with public w/o specifying e-mails. Initially there was a Public folder where I copied the video and was able to copy a link to send out. However, to viewers video would stop at 1.0 hr, but it is about 1.s hrs. long. I...
  8. How Can I Now Share Video File in Dropbox?

9. Dropbox Transfer now available to all users

in Windows 10 News
    Dropbox Transfer now available to all users: We introduced Dropbox Transfer in beta earlier this year to make delivering any file simple. People typically use Dropbox for collaborative sharing, but sometimes you need more of a “send-it-and-forget-it” solution. Transfer is designed for times when you need to turn over...
  10. How can I transfer files from OneDrive personal to OneDrive for Business?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I transfer files from OneDrive personal to OneDrive for Business?: How can i transfer some of my files from OneDrive personal to my OneDrive for Business https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-files-from-onedrive-personal-to/661c0ee6-3012-44c4-866b-c307ed0905ec"