Windows 10: how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting?

Discus and support how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Split from this thread. I can transfer photos from an SD card to an IPad. I am only able to transfer these from the IPad to OneDrive 10 at a time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dean Wiegert & John, Dec 12, 2018.

1. how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting?

Split from this thread.​

I can transfer photos from an SD card to an IPad. I am only able to transfer these from the IPad to OneDrive 10 at a time. A faster way would be to transfer directly from an SD card to the Windows phone from where I can moy ve them to One Drive. I do not want to take a PC with me and intend using this as a method for backing up my photos while away on a trip.

Thanks

No not my issue, I have a Lenova laptop,and have put a USB card into the slot on the side of laptop,how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting? It states that formatting the card will erace all infor from card,and I don't want that.I just want infor from USB transferred to memory on my laptop.

:)

Dean Wiegert & John, Dec 12, 2018
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Dec 12, 2018
  3. USB Transfer to Laptop

Hello Judy,

I suggest you to copy all the files to a flash drive from the laptop.
    You may create a new folder on your desktop and name that folder as per your choice.

• Perform the steps to transfer the files from laptop to desktop.

• Plug in the flash drive and wait for it to get detected.

• Now, open the flash drive and Right Click on the files that you want to transfer and select “Copy”.

• Now, open the folder on desktop and Right Click on an empty space in the folder and select “Paste”.

• Similarly, you can transfer all other files.
    As per the file size you can also use an external drive instead of a flash drive and transfer the data.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 12, 2018
  4. mikel33 Win User

how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting?

USB Flash Drive saying not formatted..?

Hi,

I have a Memorex Poker Chip USB Flash Drive 1GB, and It shows up fine on one PC as "Poker Chip" in explore, and I can transfer files... but on my other PC (the one I'm on now..specs in profile) it's listed only as H: Removable Disk, and when I click on it, it says: "The Device is not formatted, would you like to format it now? (Y/N). Why would it be recognized on one PC, but the not the other? How come the other PC didn't need it formatted? When I click yes to format it, it says: "Windows was unable to complete the format"

I went to the BIOS and USB 2.0 is enabled. And Device Manager does list it as a Memorex Poker Chip..

mikel33, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting?

1. how can I transfer info from USB to laptop memory before formatting? - Similar Threads - transfer info USB

2. how can i transfer music from media player to usb flash stick

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i transfer music from media player to usb flash stick: i have windows 11 how can i transfer music from media player to usb flash stick https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-music-from-media-player-to-usb/6b1e116e-3918-4b90-b4fb-cd0eb4ed9898
  3. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?: I have a USB drive of 128 GB but i can't format it anymore it keeps crashing apps and when i try to detect it and change it with any application such as disk management, cmd or explorer it crashes the application or doesn't react....
  4. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?: I have a USB drive of 128 GB but i can't format it anymore it keeps crashing apps and when i try to detect it and change it with any application such as disk management, cmd or explorer it crashes the application or doesn't react....
  5. I can't format a USB drive how can i fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transferring from an Audio CD to a USB memory stick

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring from an Audio CD to a USB memory stick: How do you copy an audio CD to a USB memory stick? I have got as far as ripping the tracks on Windows Media Player, just cannot work out how to transfer them to the memory stick....
  7. format External USB hard disk before you can use it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    format External USB hard disk before you can use it.: I have an Icybox USB3 external hard drive box, which worked fine until recently. The box has no drivers to install, it uses the ones supplied by Microsoft with Windows. It worked fine with Windows 8, it worked fine with windows 10 when I did the upgrade. I was able to...
  8. Transfering info

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfering info: I want to transfer all my stuff from my old pc which has been updated to windows 10 to my new pc which has windows 10 already installed on it. I don't have that much stuff to transfer, no pictures or spreadsheets. Mainly email folders and a few folders from when I bought my...
  9. Transferring photos from a usb to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transferring photos from a usb to my laptop: Just returned from overseas and want to transfer my photos from a USB. After inserting the USB and I click on autoplay it only gives me the option of opening the photos but nowhere to actually transfer them to my laptop. Help please to do it. Thanks Sue...
  10. how to transfer info to new laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    how to transfer info to new laptop: I have purchased a HP 15-AF119NA Laptop 15.6" AMD E2-6110 4GB 500GB HDD and I would like to know if I can use "Windows easy transfer " to transfer my data to this new laptop, at the moment I have a ADVENT 5611 RUNNING WIN 10 . Regards 89040