Windows 10: How can I transfer license to another PC?

Discus and support How can I transfer license to another PC? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine. Can I do this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by c.ibsha, Mar 5, 2020.

1. c.ibsha Win User

How can I transfer license to another PC?

I have a digital license on my laptop running Windows 10. I want to purchase a new laptop and transfer the license to this new machine.

Can I do this?

:)

c.ibsha, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Andre Da Costa, Mar 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 license transfer

Thanks Andre.

i bought the license. My laptop was originally loaded with win 7 and was upgraded free couple of months.

in this case, if i understand you correctly, i can transfer with below steps. Right.?

let me buy my new laptop and try below.

and to my question do you have an update.

does OS upgrades if my activation key is changed.

thanks

sai

SainandhanKandasamy, Mar 5, 2020
  4. How can I transfer license to another PC?

transfer window key/license from one pc to another

It depends on how Windows 10 was originally configured on your computer.

If its a full retail store bought license online or offline, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a retail store bought Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

If its the free upgrade from a OEM preinstalled Windows 7 or Windows 8 license, it is NOT transferable to a new computer or motherboard.

Learn more about transferring your license:

If its a retail license, learn how to reactivate:

Andre Da Costa, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

How can I transfer license to another PC?

1. How can I transfer license to another PC? - Similar Threads - transfer license another

2. How to transfer windows license to another account with same PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer windows license to another account with same PC?: I have 2 different PCs and for both of them, I have a separate license linked to the same account. I am now handing over one of my PC to my sister and want to transfer this license to her account The PC will remain same, I just want to change the ownership of this PC Windows...
  3. question about license transfer to another pc.

question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  4. question about license transfer to another pc.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    question about license transfer to another pc.: I have activated my pc with windows 10 retail. I bought it from microsoft. My question is if I take out my ssd on which i have windows 10 installed and put it into another pc would windows 10 license get automatically transfered to that pc as well?I dont want the license to...
  5. can I transfer programs to another pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I transfer programs to another pc: I have purchased another pc and want to transfer programs from my old pc to the new one. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-programs-to-another-pc/7eff9d80-ba7e-4492-866a-7c24b59df1ba
  6. can I transfer programs to another pc

can I transfer programs to another pc: I have purchased another pc and want to transfer programs from my old pc to the new one. can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-programs-to-another-pc/7eff9d80-ba7e-4492-866a-7c24b59df1ba
  7. Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer Windows license to another PC?: So this is convoluted case. Back in 2013 I assembled PC and bought Windows 8 (or 8.1) BOX version. Then some time after I upgraded it to Windows 10. From that point I did clean installation of Windows 10 from USB couple times and it just activates itself, maybe it remembers...
  8. Can I transfer a license to another account?

Can I transfer a license to another account?: A couple years ago I purchased a notebook and paired its license with an old microsoft account of mine, which later had some issues and I decided to make a new one. However, now with all the ecosystem stuff, I want to change the license key to my new account. I've seen that...
  9. Can I transfer a Win10 Prof license from one PC to another?

Can I transfer a Win10 Prof license from one PC to another?: Just bought a Surface 3 laptop to replace an old HP laptop. I have Win10 Prof on the HP. The Surf3 came with Win10 Home. Can I transfer the Professional license to the new machine? I will be scrapping the HP. I don't know if the license is tied to a single CPU so hence...
  10. Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC

Transfer Windows 10 License to another PC: Hi, I have a Windows 10 Pro version (Retail) which is on my old PC, now I got a new PC and want to activate it on that, I understand that only 1 activation may be active at once. I want to transfer from one to the other. I cannot find my product key anywhere and in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. PC to PC license transfer