Windows 10: How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B?

Discus and support How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My current PC has been working for a long time and i have decided to get rid of it andDIY a completely new Desktop PC, with new motherboard, new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CHEN LU, Apr 30, 2020.

1. CHEN LU Win User

How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B?

Hi,

My current PC has been working for a long time and i have decided to get rid of it andDIY a completely new Desktop PC, with new motherboard, new CPU etc....

How am I able to transfer my current Win10 license to the new PC without purchasing a new license?

Thanks in advance.

:)

CHEN LU, Apr 30, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 30, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Apr 30, 2020
  4. How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B?

Age of PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your query as you are looking for the age of the PC on the system. In this scenario we would like inform you that if you have not upgraded the BIOS of the PC. Then open system information and there you can see the BIOS date and time.

Steps to check the BIOS date.

1. Press Windows + R key to launch
      Run
      command.
    2. Type msinfo32 and click OK.
    3. Scroll and check the BIOS version in the list of details.

Note: if you have updated the BIOS then you will see the last updated date. In that case we would suggest you to contact the PC manufacturer and provide them the PC information. They can check and
    would be able to help you with your requirements.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B?

1. How can I transfer my system from PC-A to PC-B? - Similar Threads - transfer system

2. How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i transfer all my system files to a Nvme that i installed?: First of all please use Simple english and tell in brief* .I installed a Nvme becausei wanted faster but when i installed it my all system files etc like games are on the hdd and i rather transfer them All into my nvme so that there performance is improved currently my nvme...
  3. How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...: Hi, I have recovered all the data I can from a corrupted micro SD card that had windows on it previously, for use in a Steam Deck. I have transferred all this data to a separate laptop. The issue is, I have now formatted the micro SD card and want to transfer the recovered...
  4. How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I transfer system files like microsoft.4297127D64EC6-1.0.113.0_x64_8wekyb3d88bb we to...: Hi, I have recovered all the data I can from a corrupted micro SD card that had windows on it previously, for use in a Steam Deck. I have transferred all this data to a separate laptop. The issue is, I have now formatted the micro SD card and want to transfer the recovered...
  5. win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.: I have a windows 10 computer that is used under my account since new, but user is my wife. It has been hers for years now. I bought her a new windows 11 computer and I want to get all her work, files and programs onto the new computer after she registers it under her MS...
  6. win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.

win 10 system user 1 account transfer to a new win 11 system to another user 2 account.: I have a windows 10 computer that is used under my account since new, but user is my wife. It has been hers for years now. I bought her a new windows 11 computer and I want to get all her work, files and programs onto the new computer after she registers it under her MS...
  7. Windows 10 crashes after downloading or transferring something to the system.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 crashes after downloading or transferring something to the system.: I have laptop hp 645 g3 windows 10 installed. It has 512 GB SSD installed in it. The problem is First i had windows 10 enterprises ltsc 1809 installed. I connected an external drive and imported some filesvideos then my windows crashed. Again I tried to boot from usb and...
  8. Windows 10 crashes after downloading or transferring something to the system.

Windows 10 crashes after downloading or transferring something to the system.: I have laptop hp 645 g3 windows 10 installed. It has 512 GB SSD installed in it. The problem is First i had windows 10 enterprises ltsc 1809 installed. I connected an external drive and imported some filesvideos then my windows crashed. Again I tried to boot from usb and...
  9. Windows 10 crashes after downloading or transferring something to the system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Transfer applications from old system drive

Transfer applications from old system drive: Situation: A user not me had a power supply fail in a desktop computer. The system drive is still good. Attempted to plug the old system drive into a different computer but the system wouldn't boot. Went into the BIOS and still couldn't get it to boot properly. The system...