Windows 10: How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

Discus and support How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TribalSound, Nov 28, 2022.

1. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft account. Today I tried to run the command "slmgr.vbs /upk" on the laptop so I can use the code in the desktop pc but nothing, it still tells me that the code is invalid. In the desktop I tried running the command slmgr.vbs /ipk xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx- xxxxx entering the other pc's license code but it gives error slui.exe 0x2a 0xC004F069. Under the laptop I found another product key different from the one also installed on the laptop but it doesn'

:)

TribalSound, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Kari Win User

Multiple questions about installing - transfer accounts etc.

According to you, the accounts were Windows built-in admin, a local admin and standard user. None of them needs to be moved.

The built-in admin account, as the name says, will be there when you boot the laptop first time. It is disabled by default, you just need to enable it. For two other accounts, simply create same accounts on laptop.

Attach the HDD to laptop using an external USB enclosure, copy contents of data folders to respective folders on laptop.

You mentioned that the desktop accounts were / are local accounts, not Microsoft accounts. See the options to get Pro here:
    If you can still access Windows on desktop, boot it up, make it a Microsoft account and link license to that MS account. Tutorials:
    When done, see this tutorial. It will show step by step what do on the laptop to transfer desktop license to it: Use Activation Troubleshooter in Windows 10

This article is the best I have seen about when a license transfer is possible, and when not:

3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 28, 2022
  4. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

1. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop? - Similar Threads - transfer pro installed

2. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?: Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft account. Today I tried to run the command "slmgr.vbs /upk" on the laptop so I can use the code in the desktop pc but nothing, it...
  3. How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer windows 10 pro installed on a laptop to a desktop?: Hello, I have encountered a problem regarding windows activation. I had a notebook with windows 10 pro with digital license linked to microsoft account. Today I tried to run the command "slmgr.vbs /upk" on the laptop so I can use the code in the desktop pc but nothing, it...
  4. transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop

transferring windows 10 pro digital linked to laptop license to desktop: Hi, I know that windows 10 digital license configured to preinstall laptop can't transfer to another desktop or laptop. But I have upgraded windows 10 to windows 10 pro. So my question is after upgrade can I transfer this windows 10 pro license to another desktop or...
  5. How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?

How to transfer window 10 Pro to my new laptop?: Hi, I have upgraded my windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro a while ago, my laptop has an issue and the manufacturer offed to replace it, my windows 10 pro product key channel is retail and I come to know its transferable. What is doesn’t know is how to transfer window...
  6. Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer a Windows 10 license from a laptop to a desktop?: I found a guy selling a broken laptop for like 10 bucks, and it has windows 10 and I would like to known if it’s possible to transfer the license submitted by /u/RonnieM07 [link] [comments]...
  7. Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can I transfer a laptop Windows 10 to a desktop?: submitted by /u/Pizel_the_Twizel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hu4484/can_i_transfer_a_laptop_windows_10_to_a_desktop/
  8. Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?

Transferring Windows 10 Pro from laptop to Desktop with missing key?: I have a laptop with Windows 10 Pro that I will be selling. I have Windows 10 Home key available that I want to put on the laptop and give my desktop Windows 10 Pro, but I am missing my activation key that came with the laptop. Is there a way to do this?...
  9. can i transfer windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i transfer windows 10 pro: I did a stupid thing with my laptop that I purchased from Best Buy store open box laptop. I purchased a windows 10 pro license before I knew it has enterprise... never expected it to have enterprise, but it did. So I used pro for a few months and now I have a new laptop...
  10. Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop?: Broken laptop with Win 10 Pro retail. Can I transfer this to a new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-laptop-with-win-10-pro-retail-can-i/ee703ead-1abc-4ed8-9f10-0928623f3740