Windows 10: How can I transfer windows from one drive to another?

Discus and support How can I transfer windows from one drive to another? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently got an NVMe drive 970 Evo Plus 2 TB and want to make it my new boot drive since it's supposed to be much faster than my current SATA based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Incarceron, Mar 27, 2021.

1. How can I transfer windows from one drive to another?

I recently got an NVMe drive 970 Evo Plus 2 TB and want to make it my new boot drive since it's supposed to be much faster than my current SATA based ssd. Most of the help guides I've found assume an old drive died and there isn't a working copy of windows on the machine, not that there's just a newer faster drive added to a working system.

If there's an easier way to do it maybe through disk manager or something? I would love to hear it. Preferably I'd like to avoid having to mess with my BIOS since my PC is being weird and refusing to open it on startup monitor and keyboard take longer to wake up than the prompt screen lasts is my best guess, though unplugging my boot drive didn't cause it to boot to bios either, regardless that isn't a question for this forum.

If it's too intensive I'll just run off the current setup until my old SSD bites it and use my portable drive backup of windows to follow the normal steps.

:)

Incarceron, Mar 27, 2021
  2. little cat, Mar 27, 2021
  3. LonGun Win User
    Need Help Files Transfer

I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition. That computer has two internal HDDs:

The 1st HDD is C:\ that running Windows. And it has 20GB total of capacity.
    The 2nd HDD is D:\ that is empty. And it has 90GB total of capacity.

The C:\ drive is almost run out of space (full). Is there a way I can transfer everything in the C:\ drive to the D:\ drive and begin to use the D:\ drive from there on as primary drive?
    Can the Windows Files Transfer feature in XP transfer everything I have in C:\ to D:\? If it cannot, then which way can I use to perform the above step?

Thank you.

LonGun, Mar 27, 2021
  4. How can I transfer windows from one drive to another?

Pictures transfer FROM flash drive TO Windows 10

Hi Scott,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would recommend you to follow the below given steps to transfer pictures from computer to a flash drive.

• Plug-in the flash drive to the USB port on the computer
    • Select the pictures that you want transfer it to flash drive.
    • Right click on the selected pictures and choose
      Send To
      option.
    • From the options, select the plugged-in USB.
    • Pictures will be transferred to the flash drive.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

How can I transfer windows from one drive to another?

1. How can I transfer windows from one drive to another? - Similar Threads - transfer drive another

2. How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to transfer windows license from one hard drive to another?: I have a registered version of Windows 10 on my secondary hard drive (E) but on my main hard drive (C), I dont. How can I transfer the registration from E to C? submitted by /u/_Pigface [link] [comments]...
  3. Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can I transfer a purchase from one account to another?: I created a new Microsoft that's associated with my gmail and wanted to transfer my Dolby Atmos Spatial to a new account. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-a-purchase-from-one-account-to/6a6aacb1-9133-447a-8f0d-5bd08e4bdbde
  4. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  5. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.: I recently purchased an NVMe drive and I'm trying to transfer the windows installation to that drive. I've already transferred all the data and recovery partitions using MiniTool partition wizard, and I've changed the boot priority to the new drive in BIOS but it's still...
  6. How to transfer windows installation from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can I transfer fs2020 from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I transfer fs2020 from one computer to another?: Would like to buy another computer with better specs to run. Can I transfer program to new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-fs2020-from-one-computer-to-another/475b4952-0a79-4618-bf4e-57c487eb9be6
  8. Transferring the Users from one drive to another.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring the Users from one drive to another.: I got a new HDD and i would like to move my existing User to that new drive. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transferring-the-users-from-one-drive-to-another/f0bb506e-2d91-4bc5-9461-0efe31c2d568
  9. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  10. Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer programs from one computer to another?: Got a new laptop for Christmas. Well wife did, I get to set it up for her. There are programs on her old laptop that I would like to transfer to the new one. Specifically Familytree Maker 2008 and 2009. I don't have the original discs any more. It seems like the latest FTM is...