Windows 10: How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

Discus and support How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't find an answer to this anywhere and this is quite literally constantly pissing me off. I have my shit arranged exactly as I want it, but MS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ron_pro, Sep 25, 2020.

1. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

I can't find an answer to this anywhere and this is quite literally constantly pissing me off. I have my shit arranged exactly as I want it, but MS periodically thinks I want my start menu rearranged. I DON'T! Is there any way at all to stop this from happening? I'm seriously at my wits end with this. I hate windows as it is (resource hog, unstable, overpriced, unreliable, need I go on?), why must it annoy the shit out of me?!?! I have no choice but to use it, can't my preferences be the final word on how my start menu is arranged?

This occurs usually when I switch screen formats (eg. disconnecting/reconnecting an external display which has a different resolution & ratio to my laptop screen).

submitted by /u/ron_pro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ron_pro, Sep 25, 2020
  2. SJ_69 Win User

STOP rearranging my Start Menu. PLEASE.

Why does my Start Menu rearrange itself every so often, coupled with the addition of several new suggested app tiles which, when I click, take me to the Windows Store to purchase? The rearrangement is very annoying in itself but the fact that 3 or 4 'app
    suggestion' tiles suddenly appear in my Start Menu really debases Windows 10 and the Start Menu experience. It's actually like I'm using some freeware operating system.

Yes, sync settings is off; no, I do not have app suggestions turned on and yes I am running the latest update - always do. Even so, the new Start Menu layout that suddenly appears looks nothing like that of my other W10 devices, so it's not syncing to anything
    I own.

This all happens on a latest model Microsoft device. Imagine my Start Menu shows on the big screen when I'm doing a sales presentation and the Candy Crush and Dragon Mania Legends icon shows up?

SJ_69, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Graulges Win User
    Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot

I searched for this but nothing turned up. The tiles I've put on the start page for various apps (all resized to small) and arranged in groups are rearranging themselves randomly and resizing to medium each time I reboot. I can't find any reason for this. Also, is it possible to start more than one app at a time using the tiles? I've tried searching here and using Google but nothing at all comes up. Could be poor search keywords but any suggestions would be gratefully received. It's a clean install after upgrading.

Graulges, Sep 25, 2020
  4. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

Desktop Ions Rearranging Themselves- Auto Arrange TURNED OFF

For an in-depth assistance with desktop icons keeps rearranging even if the auto-arrange is turned off, we suggest that you get in touch with the
    Windows Answer Desk team.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu?

1. How can I turn OFF auto tile rearranging in start menu? - Similar Threads - turn OFF auto

2. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  3. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  4. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?

How to turn off auto expand feature on left panel at start menu?: Please tell how can I turn off the auto expand feature in the left side folders panel at start menu? Last time I was told that I have to uninstall the latest updates from windows update but I want to turn off that particular feature only and keep all the other updates. So...
  6. Windows 10 keeps rearranging start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 keeps rearranging start menu tiles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rpham2234 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jr91sb/windows_10_keeps_rearranging_start_menu_tiles/
  7. How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?

How to turn off START MENU AUTO EXPAND?: I am referring to the way in which you hover your mouse pointer over something like the power icon, and it automatically expands outward. I am well aware of the mach2 program that does it. Problem is, it is only a temporary solution. The auto expand will turn itself back...
  8. Turn off tiles in Start Menu

Turn off tiles in Start Menu: I saw how to disable the apps in the Start Menu. Can the tiles be disabled? I have never used them and never will. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-tiles-in-start-menu/deb68d78-20e3-4c60-a11f-33eb505ec97c
  9. How can I reset the start menu layout (the tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I reset the start menu layout (the tiles): The old method that worked in 8.x and older 10 of the two files no longer works. Anybody know of a method? 7145
  10. How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I rearrange the tiles in Pictures: I have a lot of pics and documents in Saved Pictures. I want to rearrange them so that they are in a logical order and re group them by interest etc.... I tried right clicking , sliding, copy and paste.........nothing works. I assumed I would have been able to do it...