Windows 10: How can I turn off one specific display?

Discus and support How can I turn off one specific display? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop hooked up to multiple displays and I want to turn off my laptops screen while using the other two screens, I'm having trouble figuring... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MemeySteamy, Feb 1, 2020.

1. How can I turn off one specific display?

I have a laptop hooked up to multiple displays and I want to turn off my laptops screen while using the other two screens, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do that.

submitted by /u/MemeySteamy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MemeySteamy, Feb 1, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Feb 1, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Feb 1, 2020
  4. How can I turn off one specific display?

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

How can I turn off one specific display?

1. How can I turn off one specific display? - Similar Threads - turn off specific

2. Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...: From what I see, this seems to be possible on win 10 through settings>system>notifications & actions> where I can adjust each app individually. I haven't found this feature in win 11 though. The similar path of settings>system>notificatons on win 11 leads me to an option to...
  3. Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I turn of notifications for a specific app instead of turning off notifications for all...: From what I see, this seems to be possible on win 10 through settings>system>notifications & actions> where I can adjust each app individually. I haven't found this feature in win 11 though. The similar path of settings>system>notificatons on win 11 leads me to an option to...
  4. Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect 3 displays, but one of them turns off.: Please help . I currently have a Dell Inspiron 3520 laptop. I bought a tv which connects to the laptop via VGA. Both screens work exactly as expected. So I bought another tv. This one connects via HDMI. The laptop has both VGA and HDMI ports. I disconnected the first tv and...
  5. How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off user account control for one specific program?: Hi there, Whenever I open the program the annoying windows 10 UAC always pops up even I clearly know that the program is safe, is there a way to disable this? I don't want to turn it off completely but only for this particular program , thank you submitted by...
  6. Can i turn off notification sounds for specific items?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can i turn off notification sounds for specific items?: I want to hear outlook notifications but not the others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-turn-off-notification-sounds-for-specific/e88d7b64-4ebc-422e-9b3e-7030eeea4630
  7. How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off autoplay for specific one usb drives: Hi, I'm looking for a way to stop the explorer show-up for a specific USB disk drive. Default settings and behaviour is expected for the others. NB: I know the device name \\?\USB#VID_0781&PID_5406#00001675C67182B6#{a5dcbf10-6530-11d2-901f-00c04fb951e Any help is...
  8. How can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn this off?: Hello, I bought a new Laptop recently and it had Norton. Everything was OK till the free protection I had expired, so what did I do? I unninstalled Norton. Then some days later, a Windows message appeared while I was playing a game and it said "Antivirus protection expired",...
  9. How to turn off One Drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to turn off One Drive?: I run Windows 10 and have some compatibility issues. I think I should turn off One Drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-one-drive/4c0d8d48-9504-4a26-b3d0-bbe9bfd6de40"
  10. How can one turn off the touchpad in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can one turn off the touchpad in Windows 10?: I can not find in my mouse or touch pad settings where one can turn off the mouse/touchpad. It seems I can choose sensitivity, buttons functions and fingers on the pad performing various functions but can not find a place to turn it off all together....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows turn off specific displays