Windows 10: How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification?

Discus and support How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When an application needs my attention it forces the taskbar to unhide and makes the app icon flash until I click on it. What bothers me is that a lot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Song0, Nov 5, 2020.

1. /u/Song0 Win User

How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification?

When an application needs my attention it forces the taskbar to unhide and makes the app icon flash until I click on it.

What bothers me is that a lot of the time applications don't actually need my attention. For example, when Oculus or Spotify are finished starting up they require attention, or when I get a notification on teams despite turning every notification off.

Also frustratingly, there seems to be a bug with windows where after I check an app that requires attention, the taskbar never re-hides and instead gets stuck until I restart my computer.

submitted by /u/Song0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Song0, Nov 5, 2020
  2. Tazmiria Win User

Auto hide taskbar not unhiding

This was working fine and for some unknown reason it stopped. I have the taskbar on auto hide and when I move my mouse to unhide, it will not show the taskbar. I did not change any settings or download anything new so do not know what happened. I tried taking
    auto hide off and it appears fine, then turned auto hide back on and still the taskbar will not unhide. Any suggestions how to get my taskbar to unhide without having to turn it on/off?

I also can not close one window, it makes me close all windows. The little + sign is gone to open a new window I have to go to the right side, open the drop down menu and click New Window. None of this was like this yesterday, the taskbar worked perfectly
    so I am very confused. Please help me get my taskbar back to working normal again.

Tazmiria, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Windows 10 taskbar will not unhide

If the issue persist, try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Right click on the Taskbar and then click Properties.
    • Uncheck Lock the taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on Apply and then OK to save the settings.
    • Restart the computer.

Mel Tar, Nov 5, 2020
  4. How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification?

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification?

1. How can I turn off taskbar auto-unhide on notification? - Similar Threads - turn off taskbar

2. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: Auto-hide function of the taskbar SHOULD be a useful tool to keep my apps and shortcuts nearby WHEN I NEED THEM. However, every time someone sends me a Teams chat, thetaskbar UN-HIDES and of course covers up anything at the bottom of my screen. This would be bad enough if the...
  3. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: Auto-hide function of the taskbar SHOULD be a useful tool to keep my apps and shortcuts nearby WHEN I NEED THEM. However, every time someone sends me a Teams chat, thetaskbar UN-HIDES and of course covers up anything at the bottom of my screen. This would be bad enough if the...
  4. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or outlook? I get hundreds of notifications a day. As it is now, it makes the autohide feature essentially unusable. And yes, I...
  6. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar: I need my taskbar to be hidden UNLESS I need it. How do I STOP notifications from unhiding it until I click on a notification for example in teams or outlook? I get hundreds of notifications a day. As it is now, it makes the autohide feature essentially unusable. And yes, I...
  7. Stop notifications from unhiding my taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How can I turn off these blinking-orange notifications in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off these blinking-orange notifications in the taskbar?: [ATTACH] It really bothers me. Already tried setting "ForegroundFlashCount" and "ForegroundLockTimeout" registers to 0 but it didn't help. https://preview.redd.it/bb1z72ijouk61.png?width=56&format=png&auto=webp&s=d1031bfde1ee4afa05a4655cf7aa25cede6c20e4 submitted by...
  9. How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?

How can i delay the time when taskbar unhides?: I have automatically hide taskbar on desktop mode, when i move the cursor down, the taskbar shows up fast. Is there a way to make it slower? submitted by /u/mare1999 [link] [comments]...
  10. How to turn off taskbar notifications?

How to turn off taskbar notifications?: Currently my taskbar is in the mode where it is invisible unless I move my mouse to bring it up from the bottom of my screen. As such, whenever something happens in a game or app that windows thinks is of note it makes my taskbar appear and makes the app flash orange to get...