Windows 10: How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender

Discus and support How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 010906050, May 8, 2019.

1. 010906050 Win User

How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender

Hi

I whould like to (if possible) get some help.

Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)

i have tryed to turn it on … but nothing seems to allow me to get (Change) this (ademin… ????)

I ´m the ademenistrator of this PC… but not on this Windows Defender section…

so this part of The Windows Defender id OFF work.

**Title modified from: Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers**

:)

010906050, May 8, 2019

2. Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Pictures

edouardlesly1, May 8, 2019
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Hi Craig,

There's a possibility that the SmartScreen option is on that's why you're unable to install downloaded apps. Let's try to turn it off and see if it helps. See the steps below:

• Open Windows Defender Security Center from your Start menu, desktop, or taskbar.
    • Click on the App and browser control button on the left side of the window.
    • Click on Off in the Check apps and files section.

Let us know if the suggestion helps you out.

John Sarc, May 8, 2019
  4. Malcolm21 Win User

Windows Defender Blocking Installations of Downloaded Apps

Did not resolve with Citrix app

Malcolm21, May 8, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender - Similar Threads - turn App browser

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. how can i turn on defender?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i turn on defender?: i couldn't open my windows defender how can i turn on defender? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-on-defender/972ec91b-2564-4dd5-9474-1de9936d3433
  5. How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?: When I click on 'App & Browser control' setting in Windows Security setting, it opens as a black screen with windows security symbol on the task bar and the black screen stays for few seconds and then disappears...
  6. How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?

How can I access 'App & Browser control' setting?: When I click on 'App & Browser control' setting in Windows Security setting, it opens as a black screen with windows security symbol on the task bar and the black screen stays for few seconds and then disappears...
  7. Why turn on App & browser control by Windows Defender when Norton Internet Security is...

Why turn on App & browser control by Windows Defender when Norton Internet Security is...: I have installed Norton Internet Security in my Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Workstation version; naturally it turns off the built-in Windows Defender software, which is no longer necessary for protecting the workstation.Yet, I am advised by Windows 10 "Security at a...
  8. APP & Browser control turned OFF.

APP & Browser control turned OFF.: Downloaded 3 MSFT /Flash Player updates Tue & Wed. 7/7&8/2020. The latest download was for Windows 10, Version 2004. Today checking security I had an alert that my APP & Browser Control was OFF. Never had this before. Followed the steps to turn it back on but had no luck. I...
  9. app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    app and browser control suddenly turn off windows defender by default is this something to...: so back on tues i updated from 1909 to 2004 everything was good my windows defender had no issue just a few mins ago i see yellow triangle saying action needed i thought it was for me to do a scan but it told me that the app and browser control off and needs to be turn on...
  10. Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers: Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps and browser control

2. appsandbrowser control

3. apps & browser control

4. app and browser control in windows defender,
  5. app ,
  6. check apps and files managed by administrator,
  7. app & browser control turn on,
  8. windows defender to app warn on,
  9. app and browser turn on,
  10. this setting is managed by your administrator check apps and files,
  11. turn on app & browser control osd ,