Windows 10: How can I turn the search box back on?

Discus and support How can I turn the search box back on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Valkriaine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hogvzg/how_can_i_turn_the_search_box_back_on/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Valkriaine, Jul 9, 2020.

1. How can I turn the search box back on?

/u/Valkriaine, Jul 9, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 9, 2020
  3. JohnHeinz Win User
    Windows 10 Search box

Which instructions are you suggesting I missed? There is no search icon. Right clicking the taskbar shows no search option. The "small characters" or icons trick did nothing. The regedit thing:
    Follow these steps to turn on the hidden search box:

• Open regedit
    • Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search
    • Inside the search key, create the new DWORD value named EnableSearchBox and set it to 1
    • Restart your computer or simply Explorer Shell
    Did not give me a search option that I can find.

So in at least MY version of windows 10 there is no search box I can find that will allow me to search my own computer to find possible misplaced files.

So what are the instructions?

JohnHeinz, Jul 9, 2020
  4. eddie1247 Win User

How can I turn the search box back on?

How do I delete search suggestions when I click on a search box?

In Windows 10 when I click on a search box on a website I am visiting previous suggestions from past searches drop down and the list is becoming rather long. How do I delete these suggestions?

eddie1247, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

How can I turn the search box back on?

1. How can I turn the search box back on? - Similar Threads - turn search box

2. How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the illustration on Win10's search box?: How can I remove the illustration on Win10"s search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-illustration-on-win10s-search/081c2c92-f42d-4c82-8e7a-36c82b3a9a0f
  3. How can I turn my widows search back on, it's not running???? HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I turn my widows search back on, it's not running???? HELP!!!: How can I get my search on windows 11 to run, it's not running I can't search for anything. HELP my please!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-my-widows-search-back-on-its-not/93011b8d-b8df-4a60-a612-026b9ec06681
  4. How can I turn my widows search back on, it's not running???? HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I turn my widows search back on, it's not running???? HELP!!!: How can I get my search on windows 11 to run, it's not running I can't search for anything. HELP my please!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-turn-my-widows-search-back-on-its-not/93011b8d-b8df-4a60-a612-026b9ec06681
  5. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  6. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?: I'm having an issue where videos are playing at random, when using the search box bottom toolbar, Windows 10. When I search for a file name with a word that happens to be in the news, it will blast a live video on the topic. I have searched everywhere and can't manage to turn...
  7. How to turn of videos from autoplaying in search box?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?

in Cortana
    How do I change the search icon back to a search box in Windows 10?: Just a few days ago, my computer updated because I went to the computer repair shop to have all of the Microsoft Office Tools installed. I've been desperately trying to free up RAM on my Toshiba Satellite computer, and I think either the clean boot or the update must have...
  9. how do i change the color of the search window not the search box to back in windows 10?

in Cortana
    how do i change the color of the search window not the search box to back in windows 10?: Hello, when I use the search bar in Windows 10 which is black the window that pops up above it is white and always hurts my eyes. How can I change it to black?...
  10. Turning Search History Back On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning Search History Back On: How do I turn my Searched History back on? I miss it being down at the bottom so I don't have to retype it again. I deleted it all every once in awhile but this last time I think I deleted the whole function. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!! Kathy...