Windows 10: How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

Discus and support How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since they split out Cortana from the "search" function (which I think was a horrible idea), apparently you can't type anymore. What if I want to type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarkTiede, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MarkTiede Win User

How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

Since they split out Cortana from the "search" function (which I think was a horrible idea), apparently you can't type anymore. What if I want to type something for Cortana to do and I don't want anyone to hear me or hear a reply from Cortana?

Just seems like an effort to kill Cortana by taking away functionality one bit at a time until it is unusable.

:)

MarkTiede, Dec 3, 2019

2. Cortana Voice Commands for Music Not Working

Hi Brett,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the edition of Windows 10 (Home, Education, Pro etc.)?

I understand that voice commands for Cortana are not working. If you have Windows 10 PRO installed in the system, then I would suggest you to try the following steps to change some group policy settings.

• Press Windows key + R, type
        Gpedit.msc
        and hit ENTER.

• Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Search

• Check for: 'Allow Cortana' and 'Do not allow web search'
        – Make sure they are ‘Not Configured’ or set ‘Allow Cortana’ to Enabled and ‘Do not allow web search’ to Disabled

• Open an elevated command prompt and run:
        gpupdate /force

• Go to Settings > Verify and correct: Time, Region and Language

And, then go to Settings > Apps and Features > Manage optional features > Download Speech Recognition and Text-to-speech
    NOTE: The troubleshooting steps are only applicable to
    Windows 10 PRO

Let us know if the issue gets resolved using the troubleshooting steps.

Harkanwar Singh, Dec 3, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop? :)

Naki, Dec 3, 2019
  4. How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

Cortana Command

Hi,

Commanding Cortana to perform the sleep function is possible. You can use Cortana to command a device to go to sleep mode by creating a shortcut for the sleep function. Follow these steps to do:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click inside the Programs folder and then select the New Shortcut option.
    • In the location field, type the following: rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState 0,1,0.
    • Name it Sleep.
    • To test if the function is already working, say "Hey Cortana, open Sleep".

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop?

1. How can I TYPE commands for Cortana in Windows 10 desktop? - Similar Threads - TYPE commands Cortana

2. How to Speak or Type into Cortana in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Speak or Type into Cortana in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Unlike Google Assistant that listens and allows for text input at the same time, Cortana doesn’t let you type. It only listens to voice input. […] This article How to Speak or Type into Cortana in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?

in Cortana
    I Can't type in my Cortana Searchbox.... : *How can I rectify this?: Hi, for some reason I Cant type anything in My Cortana Searchbox.... : Can U tell me H-o-w to rectify this,please? Many thanks for your time/patience... : Chris....
  4. Cortana - How can I get it back on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cortana - How can I get it back on Windows 10?: Cortana - How can I get it back on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-how-can-i-get-it-back-on-windows-10/951a2378-c3fc-40cc-ac70-623061d18e47
  5. Cortana commands

in Cortana
    Cortana commands: Simple question: Can cortana even do something as simple as switching between open Apps? I mean, it can launch an app (but not close it &#55356;�‍♂️)… It can start playing music on a preferred player, pause music, and even pause and resume youtube videos.... But for the life...
  6. How do I type to Cortana?

in Cortana
    How do I type to Cortana?: Last night I got a Windows Update. Before that, when I brought up Cortana, she wanted me to type to her. I could click on something that let me talk to her. Now she wants me to talk to her. She also gives me an annoying "beep beep" sound. If I click on the left side on...
  7. Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query

in Cortana
    Cortana only available as speech how can I type in a query: Cortana only available as speech how do I type in a query/question https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-only-available-as-speech-how-can-i-type-in/107049a5-86f9-4823-9b6f-5d9b9225a7ae"
  8. how to type command to cortana instead of speaking

in Cortana
    how to type command to cortana instead of speaking: Sometimes it is easier and faster by typing command but it seams Cortana will not respond my command. For example, if I type "set a reminder at 11 am" in the Cortana search, it will just bing search what I just typed instead of setting that command? Any idea how to solve...
  9. How can i disable cortana?

in Cortana
    How can i disable cortana?: I don't use cortana that much. Only windows search. How can i disable cortana..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-cortana/abce115b-dd85-4eb7-81dc-7f2b22251a85"
  10. Windows 10 Cortana "How Can I Help" Collapse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Cortana "How Can I Help" Collapse: I have 7 Windows 10 computers (4 @ office, 3 @ home). Of these 7, only 1 is having this issue. Beginning about a month ago, Cortana has started giving me a "How Can I Help?" sort of splash screen, with a "^" on the bottom to collapse into my interests. See screenshots:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. type cortana commands instead of speaking

2. type to cortana windows 10

3. Text only with cortana

4. CHANGE BACK TO TYPING IN QUESTIONM,
  5. no microphone can i type questions,
  6. type command on cortana instead of speaking,
  7. ask cortana by typing,
  8. how to use cortana in typing mode only,
  9. how to type to cortana in windows 10,
  10. cortana type instead of talk,
  11. cortana text only,