Windows 10: How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?

Discus and support How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I wanted to type German using the qwerty layout and windows can only do that with the Eng International layout. I can type almost everything except... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bakanisan, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bakanisan Win User

How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?

I wanted to type German using the qwerty layout and windows can only do that with the Eng International layout.

I can type almost everything except the ß symbol.

According to this article pressing RAlt + S or Alt + Ctrl + S is enough but somehow it manages to open a special snipping tool for me. How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout? e8460793-a896-4c0d-910c-b12bc9b5b6e4?upload=true.png

As far as I can recall we already have the combination Windows + Shift + S to snip.

Is there anyway to disable this extra snipping tool and give me back the RAlt + S combination?

:)

Bakanisan, Dec 27, 2020
  2. m9lc Win User

ß on Windows 10 English International keyboard

Hello,

I've just updated to Windows 10 and noticed the US English - International keyboard doesn't seem to work quite the same. I have updated my default keyboard to International under my Region & Language settings and can type characters with accents as normal
    using the apostrophe and colon keys - é ó ü ö ñ etc. - but not the German ß, which I formerly could type by pressing Alt + S. Now when I press Alt+S, nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

3. kczo Win User
    ß on Windows 10 English International keyboard

Seriously, for a simple keyboard issue you go through the old "Turn it off and again" mumbo-jumbo? Pray tell, how is hard-resetting the PC going to help us to type ß with
    Alt-GR+S using the English International keyboard???

Does Microsoft even employ human beings; or are you guys bots?

4. How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?

Add International English layout

Cannot add as secondary keyboard layout International English.

marbeckman, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout?

1. How can I type the Eszett ß symbol using English International Keyboard Layout? - Similar Threads - type Eszett symbol

2. How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?: Hi,I have Windows 11, how can I type ä, ö, ü and ß without using Deutsch keyboard?I'm using English US and Hebrew.Or if I will download the Deutsch keyboard, were is the ß sign?...
  3. How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get ä, ö, ü and ß when typing in English ?: Hi,I have Windows 11, how can I type ä, ö, ü and ß without using Deutsch keyboard?I'm using English US and Hebrew.Or if I will download the Deutsch keyboard, were is the ß sign?...
  4. Remove International English Layout from layouts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove International English Layout from layouts: Hello. I know it's been asked multiple times, but in my case I don't have the international English layout in layouts. I, instead, have a Russian and a English US layouts: [ATTACH] While I have this at the selections of layouts: [ATTACH] How do I remove it? I need the...
  5. How to transfer <, > symbols from russian keyboard to English keyboard

How to transfer <, > symbols from russian keyboard to English keyboard: I have an English+Russian keyboard on my laptop. I use English most of the time. Every time I want to insert "<,>" symbols I have to press Shift+the key containing"," and "<" symbolsor the key with "." and ">" symbols or have to switch to the Russian keyboard. How can I make...
  6. How to delete the English International Keyboard

How to delete the English International Keyboard: How do I delete the English International Keyboard from my computer? Afrikaans has many characters like ë, è, é. ö. I change my keyboard to English US to type these characters. Five minutes later Microsoft changes it back to English International Keyboard. Most irritating!...
  7. Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.

Use English Keyboard Layout, but output Russian Language.: Hello, Help me to learn how to set my keyboard, to use English keys but type Russian. I mean, set in such a way, when English letter "R" = Russian letter "Р" ***Changed Original Title From: Keyboard***...
  8. English International Keyboard

English International Keyboard: I had this in Windows 7 but do not find it in Windows 10. I tried the Spanish keyboard however it does not work. I have checked my settings agains the instructions and still it does not work. Can you please help me_ I just purchased Windows 10....
  9. Using keyboard to type symbols

in Windows 10 Support
    Using keyboard to type symbols: Can someone tell me how to type the symbol for the Russian Ruble using the keyboard on my laptop ? I had a list of symbols and icons that one could write years ago but I lost it and can't find it using Google. Thanks, Mick 114675
  10. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout: Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard error ΅ß ˜¨