Windows 10: how can i unable num lock?

Discus and support how can i unable num lock? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i tried to enable num lock button but i was unable to do so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AMIT SHARMA8, Mar 18, 2023.

1. how can i unable num lock?

i tried to enable num lock button but i was unable to do so

:)

AMIT SHARMA8, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Kris Ver Win User

NUM Lock issue

Hi Karl,

The status of the NUM LOCK key is specific for each user, and NUM LOCK is disabled by default. If you want the NUM LOCK key enabled for use before a user presses CTRL+ALT+DEL to log on, you must use Registry Editor to change the default behavior.

To enable NUM LOCK before a user logs on, follow these steps:

• Run Registry Editor.
    • Move to HKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\Keyboard.
    • Change the value for InitialKeyboardIndicators from 0 to 2.

IMPORTANT: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these
    steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article
    in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: How to back up and restore the registry in Window.

Kindly update us with the result.

Kris Ver, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Num Lock issue on Windows 10

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the Num Lock on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

You may plug in an external keyboard to the PC to check if the Num Lock issue reoccurs. You may also want to use the on-screen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 18, 2023
  4. how can i unable num lock?

num lock

Hello,

Some of the factors why you're Num Lock button keeps on beeping and numbers are not working is due to hardware or corrupted drivers. We suggest that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. Follow these steps to troubleshoot your concern:

1. Press Windows key + X > Choose
    Control Panel.

2. Click the drop-down menu beside View by: > Select
    Troubleshooting

3. Go to Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Let us know what happens after following the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Regile Reb, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

how can i unable num lock?

1. how can i unable num lock? - Similar Threads - unable num lock

2. how can i unable num lock?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i unable num lock?: i tried to enable num lock button but i was unable to do so https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-unable-num-lock/f6822e88-57ae-4a74-8396-2b8a4b43c582
  3. Num lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    Num lock: bios numlock is on, registry in default user is set to 2 as well as specific users, as they look date formatted i dont think it matters, but they were all 0 so i changed them all num lock turns off every time i log in. why doesn't microsoft listen to the bios setting, or...
  4. How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I turn off the Caps Lock and Num Lock overlay?: When I toggle caps lock and num lock there is a notification on my screen. How do I turn this off? This doesn't work because I don't have a "Screen configurations" tab (maybe because I am using multiple monitors?). Thanks! submitted by /u/wafflewrestler [link] [comments]...
  5. num lock

num lock: My num lock and the number keys on the far right of the keyboard do not work while on the internet. They work normally if not. I can not use the keys to include them in an email. Need some help. By the way the number keys on the top of the keyboard work in both formats....
  6. Num Lock

Num Lock: Why can't WINDOWS include a setting so that non-gamers can choose to have Num Lock permanently ON unless the keyboard key is depressed. I've tried several 'fixes' but none work and Num Lock comes up OFF every start-up and sometimes goes off randomly during normal use. My PC...
  7. Num Lock

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Num Lock: When I restart my computer the num lock is disabled. How do I keep it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_8/num-lock/e59ee399-5c71-4de8-8f07-44744b9ee600
  8. Num lock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Num lock: How do I get NUM LOCK OFF recognized for numbers to print? Characters will not register. 61221
  9. How can I make the num lock stay on?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I make the num lock stay on?: Whenever I boot up the num lock is off. I would like for it to stay on. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks in advance. 11465
  10. Num Lock

in Windows 10 Support
    Num Lock: When I had Windows 7 installed on this same computer there was a place to set Num Lock to be on when computer boots up. I cannot find the setting for this on Windows 10. Simple problem, hope simple answer. Thanks 77349