Windows 10: How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

Discus and support How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a problem. I did check "Always use this app to open .cfg files" and select Notepad. Now I want to take back what I did. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Alperen Tac, Mar 6, 2020.

1. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

Hi there,

I have a problem. I did check "Always use this app to open .cfg files" and select Notepad. Now I want to take back what I did. I tried to reset however it didnt work. I dont want that always open my .cfg files with notepad. I just want to stay the way how it was before I check the box.

Thanks,

Alperen

:)

Alperen Tac, Mar 6, 2020

2. What program opens a CFG file ?

What is a cfg file and what opens it

SamRobertson1, Mar 6, 2020
  3. cfg file

Hello,

I'm having troubles with opening cfg file on my PC.

Any advise?

MarcinSokolowski, Mar 6, 2020
  4. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

Disassociate file .cfg

Ok so i was working on a cfg file for a game and i needed to edit it for one reason or another and to do so i opened it with notepad and forgot to click the button to not make this default opener so now the game wont launch with any languages so i need
    to disassociate the file .cfg i am on 64 bit windows 10

JesseJones_, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox?

1. How can I undo "Always use this app to open .cfg files" checkbox? - Similar Threads - undo Always app

2. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  3. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo "always open with ______": So I accidentally made it that I open .json files with paint.net but that doesn't support .json files, how do i change it so i dont always open .json files with paint.net?...
  4. How do I undo "always open with ______"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Always open with notepad, How do I undo this.: I had an Epub file, I opened it and I accidentally opened it with notepad, I have spent around an hour looking up how to undo this so that I may be able to view the epub file with a much more suitable form of software....
  6. Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo the Always Use selection for opening a specific file type: Help. My logo vender sent me a vector file in .ai. When I tried to open it, I chose the app Microsoft XML Handler and left "always use" checked. I can't open it. How do I "undo" the always use selection? I just want it to back to the point where it asks me what to use so I...
  7. How do I Undo "always open file with"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I Undo "always open file with": I have a problem. I have been using sims 4 mods, which uses .package files that need to be downloaded, copied, then moved into a different folder. I am familiar with downloading these, but I clicked an option I thought would make it easier. When I downloaded that file, I...
  8. Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Undo "Always use this app to open .abc files": Is there any way to undo a "Always use this app to open .abc files"? I have accidentally tries to open a .asd file with word, which is not possible. Now windows 10 gives the icon for word when a file is of the type .asd. I know this question is asked before, but it always...
  9. Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Undo or reset Always use this app to open files option in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every file opens with one of the built-in apps in Windows 10 by Microsoft. For example, you may want to set Photos as the default app for a photo viewer. If you are not satisfied with the options suggested by [...] This post Undo or reset Always use this app...
  10. force W10 to show checkbox with "always use this app to open file"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    force W10 to show checkbox with "always use this app to open file": The last update messed up some of my associations, by right-clicking on specific file types it asked which app I want to associate to it but I associated a wrong application to a file type, ticked the check box and after realizing the mistake it took me several hours to...