Windows 10: How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

Discus and support How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago I performed disk cleanup and cleaned my downloads folder, as I had a lot of junk in there. However, I forgot that I had one important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GamingJuice, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

A few days ago I performed disk cleanup and cleaned my downloads folder, as I had a lot of junk in there. However, I forgot that I had one important notepad document saved there, and I can't seem to recover it. I used a few different data recovery software and none of them were able to find it, besides the shortcut (.lnk) to the txt document. I also tried to do restore from previous version (no previous versions available) and file history (but it was off). Is there anything I can do to recover this file?

:)

GamingJuice, Feb 26, 2019
  2. badcrc Win User

Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes...

How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder) [​IMG]

badcrc, Feb 26, 2019
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Ztruker Win User

How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

Storage Sense is no better. It also has Downloads listed, same as Disk Cleanup.

Ztruker, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

1. How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder) - Similar Threads - undo disk cleanup

2. How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I cleanup unfinished Hyper-V downloads?: I am using Windows 10 Pro and I enabled Hyper-V in order to install a Windows 11 virtual machine. Hyper-V recommended at least 37 GB of space in C: and I had 40 GB so I installed the virtual machine but after the download finished, it told me the drive didn't have enough...
  3. How can I see what Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense suggest deleting in my Downloads folder?

How can I see what Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense suggest deleting in my Downloads folder?: OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 64-bit build 17763.1554. Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense both report that 1.09 MB of data can be deleted in my Downloads folder. Neither of them allows me to browse or otherwise review what/which these files are. However, my actual Downloads...
  4. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?: Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to delete it because idk if it will make me have to reinstall EVERYTHING such as Steam....
  5. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders: Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download...
  6. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  7. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  8. How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add custom folder to Disk Cleanup: I want to add a custom folder in Disk Cleanup.. C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download i manage to get it in the list but it doesnt clean it up...any ideas? The Location in registry is here...
  9. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195
  10. Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder

Disk cleanup left the Windows.old folder: Title. I can't get rid of it. It has survived me doing the disk cleanup twice now as well as reboots (figured it was just stuck visually in the file manager). How can I get rid of it. 20068

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to undo a disk cleanup

2. change list of folders in disk cleanup

3. undo cleanup windows.old

4. undo disk cleanup windows 10 rollback