Windows 10: How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10)

Discus and support How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am locked out of my computer. In trying to restore the system, I followed a suggestion from WIki-How that involved entering code command mode. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by markborinsky, Dec 15, 2018.

1. How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10)

I am locked out of my computer. In trying to restore the system, I followed a suggestion from WIki-How that involved entering code command mode. The Wiki-How procedure did not work.

Now I want to try other ways of restoring my system, but, first, of course, I want to undo the the commands I entered. Here is the code that I entered:

Move c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe

c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe.bak

• Press enter

Copy c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe

c:\windows\system32\utilman.exe

• Press enter

Can you tell me the commands I need to reverse what I did?

Thanks,

Mark

:)

markborinsky, Dec 15, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10) :)

3. ryanly Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Dec 15, 2018
  4. cwtech Win User

How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10)

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10)

1. How can I undo some commands I entered in command mode (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - undo commands entered

2. Entered mistyped command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entered mistyped command: Kind of a bizarre question but I intended to enter the command "for %i in %windir%\\system32\\*.dll do regsvr32.exe /s %i" but accidently deleted the i at the end and entered "for %i in %windir%\\system32\\*.dll do regsvr32.exe /s %" instead. "After this was entered the line...
  3. Entered mistyped command

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Entered mistyped command: Kind of a bizarre question but I intended to enter the command "for %i in %windir%\\system32\\*.dll do regsvr32.exe /s %i" but accidently deleted the i at the end and entered "for %i in %windir%\\system32\\*.dll do regsvr32.exe /s %" instead. "After this was entered the line...
  4. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  5. How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to undo a Command in the Command Prompt?: Hello Microsoft community,I have a big problem in my Windows 10 Pro, I wrote something wrong in the Command Prompt idk How to write in english and when I try tô do any actions that restart the notebook or turn It of, the spinning thing doesnt appear and It never...
  6. Undo Takeown command

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undo Takeown command: Using command line, with Takeown, I changed ownership of all Local files to administrator and now some apps stopped working. Is there a way to undo that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undo-takeown-command/a00e0da6-442d-460f-b670-7c5eb364b8dd
  7. can i undo diskpart clean command on volume or partition or disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can i undo diskpart clean command on volume or partition or disk: can i undo diskpart clean command on volume or partition or disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-undo-diskpart-clean-command-on-volume-or/0ab610ad-6bfd-4491-b447-8dc384344675
  8. Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Help undoing these commands entered at command prompt: Hello everyone. I was talking with PC Matic tech support who were trying to troubleshoot a problem I was having. They had me run some commands that totally crippled Windows Defender. It did not fix the problem and now they are not being helpful in assisting me to undo these...
  9. command prompt is showing some issues at the time of entering commands

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    command prompt is showing some issues at the time of entering commands: none of my commands are working properly. it is always showing "'desktop' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file." some one please suggest me its cure....
  10. How do undo a command

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do undo a command: I can see my NAS folders in file explorer anymore, and found this advice: 1/ run cmd as admin 2/ sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi 3/ sc.exe config mrxsmb20 start= disabled However it didnt work for me. Now there no units shown in fileexplorer in...