Windows 10: How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update?

Discus and support How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I just completed the latest Windows 10 October 2019 update and I really dislike the new colors. Before my taskbar was a nice dark color that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NeilHunter3, Oct 6, 2019.

1. How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update?

Hello,

I just completed the latest Windows 10 October 2019 update and I really dislike the new colors.

Before my taskbar was a nice dark color that merged with the previously Windows 10 background (I downloaded that previous background straight away).

I want to change the taskbar to be the previous, darker color. I can find the option to change the windows accent color and then apply it to the taskbar as well, but this changes the color everywhere, which I also dislike.

Put simply, is there anyway to change the taskbar to it's previous darker color without having to change the entire look of Windows.

Any help is much apppreciated.

Neil

:)

NeilHunter3, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Oct 6, 2019
  3. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2019
  4. How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update?

Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update?

1. How can I undo the color changes of the Windows 10 October 2019 update? - Similar Threads - undo color changes

2. How can undo a windows update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can undo a windows update?: I used to have the windows border width set to 4 using winaero tweaker (or a registry edit) to make it easier for me to see the borders and to move them around with the mouse, but now after the last windows update this no longer works. The border is now pretty much...
  3. October 2019 WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    October 2019 WIndows Update: Last night prior to going to bed I activated the newest windows update. This morning when I went to check it was stuck on the black screen, so I shut down my system and decided to deal with it when I returned from work. Now I get my home screen , my desktop is empty and...
  4. August 23, 2019 Windows 10 update, How do I undo it completely?

August 23, 2019 Windows 10 update, How do I undo it completely?: The update from a couple of days ago seems more like ransom ware. I want my computer back with my settings, and for Crying out Loud, I don't ever want Bing or Edge. Is this too new for help?...
  5. Colors changed after Windows 10 Update on August 8, 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
    Colors changed after Windows 10 Update on August 8, 2019: Colors on my monitor changed after Windows 10 update. Desktop was dark blue and is now light blue. Desktop Icon colors changed and icons are larger, In Excel, highlight colors changed e.g. bright yellow became a greenish yellow. I have a desktop with a 3.2 gigahertz Intel...
  6. Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes

Windows 10 Update - Undoing changes: I recently tried to download the Gamepass for PC beta for my Laptop and it needed me to update Windows 10 to the 1903 update. The update downloaded, my PC restarted and it got to 67% and then turned itself off. I turned the laptop back on and it had the loading wheel turn...
  7. How can I change font color?

How can I change font color?: I use a Dell laptop running windows 10 and the font looks light blue. I prefer it in black. How can I change the color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-font-color/b363f9a2-9c5c-4fcd-a7b7-54c0a94201a6
  8. March 2019 update undoing changes loop help!

March 2019 update undoing changes loop help!: Hel please new to this my laptop is in a continuous loop of a blue black screen saying undoing changes it goes on for hours it won't stop after the March 2019 update can't get into my laptop at all. Please any help appreciated....
  9. How can I change the tray color in Windows 10?

How can I change the tray color in Windows 10?: I just got Windows 10 installed today and the tray is black. I've Googled but all hits seem to be about the start menu. Is there a way to change the tray color?...
  10. How do I undo the october windows 10 update?

How do I undo the october windows 10 update?: The windows 10 october 2018 update has blown my HDMI and Soundcard. Don't accuse me of doing something wrong. I am accusing you of premature release of an untested unstable update. Now I am seriously considering going to Linux to get your junk off of my systems. I will...