Windows 10: How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"?

Discus and support How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used the Share by mail of Windows 10 frequently. Accidentally, after pressed the Share button, I right click and hide the Mail app in the Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by colormar, Aug 8, 2015.

1. colormar Win User

How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"?

I used the Share by mail of Windows 10 frequently. Accidentally, after pressed the Share button, I right click and hide the Mail app in the Windows 10 "share list" (The one displayed to the right after the share button is pressed). How can I unhide the hidden app? I Need help to solve this problem. Thank you.

The share button in windows 10 is the circle with 3 points. It is found in many app and in the share menu of File Explorer.

Computer: Surface 2 Pro
    Memory: 4Gb

:)

colormar, Aug 8, 2015

2. How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"?

Not sure what to do when I get to the registry key, there are three control, default, pinned order, and state. What do I delete?

_ScottJohnston-44, Aug 8, 2015
  3. How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"?

Hi LuisMartinez Olivo,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the
    Microsoft account to check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 8, 2015
  4. colormar Win User

I receive this answer in the Microsoft Community - Ask a Question, and it work for me, At last I have mail in the share list;

B-Hörnchen und A-Hörnchen replied on August 20, 2015
    MVP Community Moderator Wiki Author MCC: Content Creator
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know of a GUI way to do this.
    Go to this registry key
    HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AppContract\Windows.ShareTarget
    There should be one for Microsoft.Mail_whatever ... It controls the states you can choose (pin or hide). If not present it's in the initial state. Delete this key.

colormar, Aug 20, 2015
Thema:

1. How can I unhide a hidden app from the Windows 10 "share list"? - Similar Threads - unhide hidden app

2. Adding an app to the app share list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding an app to the app share list: When I try to share a certain document, I only get these options:I can't get any other app, like WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, or even Outlook! How can I add these apps to the list? BTW, they are all downloaded from MS store, in case you are wondering....
  3. how can i make outlook 2016 be on the list for sharing in windows 10 photos app?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how can i make outlook 2016 be on the list for sharing in windows 10 photos app?: how can i make outlook 2016 be on the list for sharing in windows 10 photos app? I can click on share but only Mail for windows is listed and I would like to use my default Outlook 2016.[move from Outlook / Outlook for Windows / For business]...
  4. Adding an app to the app share list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding an app to the app share list: How can an app such as "Mood Messenger", or any other app, be added to the app share list? It's frustrating when you have an app capable but can't use it, because you can't find it in the "app share list". So, the question remains. How can an app such as "Mood Messenger", or...
  5. Adding an app to the app share list

Adding an app to the app share list: How can an app such as "Mood Messenger", or any other app, be added to the app share list? It's frustrating when you have an app capable but can't use it, because you can't find it in the "app share list". So, the question remains. How can an app such as "Mood Messenger", or...
  6. Why is my folder suddenly hidden and how do I unhide it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my folder suddenly hidden and how do I unhide it?: My computer was working fine and the folder was showing normally, but I restarted my computer and noticed an important folder I have disappeared, so I checked the properties of its parent folder and noticed the storage was still being consumed, then I made it so hidden files...
  7. adding an app to the share list

adding an app to the share list: when I ask Microsoft for instruction on how to do something in windows 10, Microsoft does not give the instruction, but instead posts the question to general public to see if someone out there has the answer. why? It would save time and frustration if Microsoft just...
  8. Cannot unhide hidden user account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot unhide hidden user account.: I recently lent my gaming pc to my friend who was notorious for messing around with other people and their things. In preparation for this, i created a new profile for them to use and then i hid my user account using the registry. Now that i have my machine back, i cannot...
  9. How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I "unhide" onedrive from file explorer: I followed Microsoft's suggestion on how to disable one drive and as part of that where it has you hide it I right clicked on the onedrive icon that shows on the left side of file explorer (the navigation pane), chose properties and hid the folder near attributes (the option...
  10. Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 How to Hide or Unhide Your Apps in Store My Library List in Windows 10 [info]The Microsoft Store app in Windows 10 offers various apps, games, music, movies & TV, and books that users can browse...