Windows 10: how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data?

Discus and support how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the past week an app named REG UTILITIES got into my desktop and pops up frequently to scan my desktop and reports 'detected problems' I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wailana, Mar 30, 2019.

1. wailana Win User

how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data?

the past week an app named REG UTILITIES got into my desktop and pops up frequently to scan my desktop and reports 'detected problems' I have been stopping their scan and exiting their program. that app in on my list of apps. when I was about to uninstall it, a message appeared saying by

installing the app all related data might be lost also. What can I do to safely remove that app from my computer? The publisher is unknown.

:)

wailana, Mar 30, 2019
  2. mjean1 Win User

There are no more files and ASUS Data Security Manager

I've been having the same issues trying to save files.

I followed all of the steps but ASUS Data Security Manager keeps reappearing. How do I really get it to delete? I've done the uninstall four times and it just pops back in the list.

mjean1, Mar 30, 2019
  3. solving operating system problems by reinstalling windows 10 and not risking file or application loss

One of my computers is having one of the above problems (many troubleshooting had already been done) and it was suggested that I go to the Microsoft web site and reinstall the windows 10 operating system. That doing so would not risk loss of files or applications.
    This did not seem to be a viable option for either windows 7 or 8 as for those reinstalling the os lead to a loss of files or applications or both.

This step of re-installation on the Microsoft web site I am not yet familiar with.I had not yet performed this step as I had not backed up my files and did not want to have to reinstall applications if the above method failed. It appears that when the operating
    system is reinstalled it should be like it was before where the organization of the files and applications remain the same?

Many hours can be spent creating and sending and analyzing: msinfo32, event log, cbs log, dism log, powershell log and or renaming files, changing settings in the system, clean boot, etc.

Sometimes when the operating system malfunctions you may not be able to get to the desk top or safe mode. In these cases the steps are limited to the advanced troubleshooting options which have restore points or reset. Frequently there may be no restore
    points or those that are available may fail to salvage the operating system. A reset can be done

If a reset is done there are two options, either keep my files or remove everything. Remove everything appears to be similar to reinstalling the operating system.

Recently I have had three computers with spontaneous blue screens. And there were also two computers where it was not possible to get to the desk top or safe mode. A flash drive with bootable iso did not offer any workable troubleshooting steps. There
    are more computers and driver verifier on all of my computers produced driver verifier produced blue screens.

I am guessing that re-installing the windows 10 operating system is likely not to alter the frequency of drivers producing blue screens if they are not microsoft drivers. Is this correct?

Can you now just follow steps in the first post with the step 1 for windows 10 above and not risk loss of files or apps? If so could you then reinstall the operating system before bed and wake up with a new operating system?

If there is little or no risk for the loss of files or applications I would like to be able to perform preventative maintenance and perhaps reinstall the windows 10 operating system each quarter. The preventative maintenance of reinstalling the windows
    10 os would be to reduce the need to work up and fix operating system problems.

This method or preventative maintenance I had not seen and was wondering the pro and con. In other words no longer would problems be treated only when they occur but the operating system would be reinstalled saving files and applications each quarter.

When looking at my computers that have potential risks: There is one computer that has a problem with its windows 10 operating system that was not able to be fixed. There are many other computers that could have blue screens related to the use of windows
    defender offline. There are many computers that had driver verifier produced blue screens.

It seems that reinstalling the operating system once each quarter (start before sleep and awaken with new operating system with saved files and applications) would reduce the likelihood of any major operating system problems. Again I have not yet performed
    this step on the Microsoft web site in the first post.

Please comment on the pro and con of this type of preventative maintenance.

questions_, Mar 30, 2019
  4. how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data?

Updating .bat File, Removing Default Apps

Hi SightUp.

Don't have a bat file but step 4 in Option 2 will give you complete list and you can mod yours.

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data?

1. how can I uninstall an app without risking loss of of other files or data? - Similar Threads - uninstall app without

2. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  3. How can I merge partitions without lossing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I merge partitions without lossing data: As I have shared the Image I want to merge 4 partitions into 1 in Disk 0. REDI want to merge 2 partitions into 1 in Disk 1. GREENIs it possible to merge the partitions....
  4. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  5. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?: How does saving to Network Drive Folder adds Data Loss Prevention risk? I am not sending a file out. I am trying to automate saving a Attachment When Email Arrive.My environment is Windows 10 Enterprise and Microsoft Outlook 365 Business....
  6. Why saving to File System adds Data Loss Prevention risk?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  8. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS: 1 TB NVME RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSSraw file system readerHow to Convert RAW Drive to NTFS WITHOUT DATA LOSS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/raw-file-system-how-to-access-without-data-loss/30bf70f2-5f9b-464a-bc7e-424a919ba73c
  9. RAW FILE SYSTEM HOW TO ACCESS WITHOUT DATA LOSS

10. How to disable and reenable an HDD without risking data loss?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to disable and reenable an HDD without risking data loss?: I'm trying to troubleshoot some software I'm helping develop, and I fear the presence of my HDD may be contributing to the issue.I need to disable the hard drive and re-enable it after I'm done testing, but I don't know how to do this safely. All the solutions I found online...