Windows 10: How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home?

Discus and support How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I accidentally said "yes" when prompted to use OneDrive on my PC. There are no words (at least appropriate ones) to convey how much I hate OneDrive. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichelleRyan2, Nov 18, 2018.

1. How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home?

I accidentally said "yes" when prompted to use OneDrive on my PC. There are no words (at least appropriate ones) to convey how much I hate OneDrive. I never had trouble saving files until I agreed to use OneDrive. I feel like Microsoft is forcing me to "upgrade" storage capacity for $1.99/month. I do not want their "free" worthless storage, but cannot figure out how get rid of it. I am in school and this is causing a lot of issues for me.

Can someone please tell me if there is a way to remove OneDrive.

Thanks!

:)

MichelleRyan2, Nov 18, 2018

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 18, 2018
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Freezer Win User

How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home?

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home?

1. How can I uninstall OneDrive on Windows 10 Home? - Similar Threads - uninstall OneDrive Home

2. How to Uninstall OneDrive on Windows11 Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Uninstall OneDrive on Windows11 Home Edition?: Settings Add/Remove Microsoft OneDrive Uninstall did nothing!Thanks for your response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-onedrive-on-windows11-home/6668069b-0639-4619-ac11-748e3ae0d212
  3. How to Uninstall OneDrive on Windows11 Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Uninstall OneDrive on Windows11 Home Edition?: Settings Add/Remove Microsoft OneDrive Uninstall did nothing!Thanks for your response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-onedrive-on-windows11-home/6668069b-0639-4619-ac11-748e3ae0d212
  4. How can I Uninstall wordPad on windows 10?!?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I Uninstall wordPad on windows 10?!?: How can I uninstall Wordpad on Windows 10, it is so annoying!!! Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-uninstall-wordpad-on-windows-10/0755c1ff-4e28-4d96-92a0-b5765b6a9ff4
  5. How can I uninstall iCloud for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I uninstall iCloud for Windows 10: I installed iCloud for Windows 10 but do not see it listed as such in my programs. What I see for Apple is as follows: Apple Application Support 32 bit Apple Application Support 64 bit iTunes...
  6. how can I uninstall Windows 10 Pro and install Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I uninstall Windows 10 Pro and install Windows 10 Home: I bought my HP Laptop 5 months ago and it was a refurbished model. I has Windows 10 Pro installed by the supplier but the BIOS says it should have Windows 10 Home installed so I am getting Windows Activation will expire messages. I want to switch it to Home as I have...
  7. how to uninstall onedrive on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to uninstall onedrive on windows 10: how to uninstall onedrive on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-uninstall-onedrive-on-windows-10/2201f8fa-3195-4651-a942-078017db6cd4"
  8. How can I uninstall WordBiz (Windows 10)?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I uninstall WordBiz (Windows 10)?: How can I uninstall WordBiz (Windows 10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/wlordbiz/9af2b48c-a93f-492b-9c2b-68f46de470fe
  9. OneDrive can be uninstalled ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive can be uninstalled ?: This is a newly installed Win 10 Home. Win 10 version 1709 Build 16299.98 I thought OneDrive was part of the current Win 10 operating system and it could not be uninstalled. It should NOT even be listed in Programs and Features. I just happened to check my Programs and...
  10. Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10: How to: Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 How to Uninstall OneDrive in Windows 10 share them from any PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is built into Windows 10 by default, and you can find your OneDrive files through File Explorer. You can also get the OneDrive app from...