Windows 10: How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ?

Discus and support How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, I have uninstalled many times Norton Security scan form my pc but it always get installed automatically. I don't know how it is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ujjawal-Dubey1, Feb 8, 2019.

1. How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ?

Hello there,

I have uninstalled many times Norton Security scan form my pc but it always get installed automatically. I don't know how it is happening. I have deleted it's files also from my drive but again it get installed. And I am unable to cancel it's installation process. Please help me, how can I remove or uninstall it for permanently ? Help me please...

:)

Ujjawal-Dubey1, Feb 8, 2019

2. Norton Security Scan

That's your choice.

As long as Defender is disabled due to Norton being registered as the provider of antivirus and antispyware for your system, you can keep using Norton. If both are active, uninstall Norton and reinstall a compatible version if you wish to use Norton rather
    than Defender.

Use the Norton removal tool -- See this Wiki article:
    List of anti-malware product removal tools

-steve

Stephen Boots, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Norton Security not loading with Windows 10 - Why?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community forums!

I would recommend you follow the below given steps and check if it fixes the issue.

I would suggest you to restart the Norton services from the services list, and set the Norton service to automatic.

Follow these steps to run Norton services:

Method 1:

Follow these steps to run Norton services

a. Press Windows key + R

b. In the run windows, type services.msc

c. It will open services windows

d. select norton services from the list of services

e. double click on it

f. At the top of the window, Make sure the service status is started and startup type is
    automatic.

g.Click apply and OK.

If this does not fix the issue, try uninstalling and reinstalling Norton software and check if it helps.

If the above steps do not help , I would suggest you to contact Norton for further help.

Let us know the status.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 8, 2019
  4. AdrienK Win User

How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ?

Could not uninstall Norton Security

I had Norton Security provided by Comcast on my computer when I upgraded to Windows 10. I was unable to open Norton Security and could not uninstall Norton Security in order to reinstall Norton Security under Windows 10.

AdrienK, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ?

1. How can I uninstall permanently Norton Security scan ? - Similar Threads - uninstall permanently Norton

2. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?: I did not mean to install McAfee. I installed "free Acrobat" and without my knowledge it put McAfee Security Scan Plus on my Windows 10 Desktop. I already have antivirus and a firewall on this computer and I do not want McAfee, I have tried everything to uninstall it! HELP!...
  3. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?: I did not mean to install McAfee. I installed "free Acrobat" and without my knowledge it put McAfee Security Scan Plus on my Windows 10 Desktop. I already have antivirus and a firewall on this computer and I do not want McAfee, I have tried everything to uninstall it! HELP!...
  4. How do I uninstall MacAfee Security Scan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. uninstall norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall norton: How to uninstall Norton which is shown as blocker for installation not found in programs, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/9bc47ae8-ece0-48af-8970-2e4febdbb8ba
  6. uninstall norton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall norton: How to uninstall Norton which is shown as blocker for installation not found in programs, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/9bc47ae8-ece0-48af-8970-2e4febdbb8ba
  7. Uninstall Norton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstall Norton: I’m trying to unintall Norton Installer but I get this mesage. What can I do?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-norton/f5b2e67a-59c3-406d-948a-666dc7a755f6
  8. Norton security scan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Norton security scan: I see Norton Security Scan suddenly has a shortcut on my desktop. The file info says it was created a few days ago and I did get an update recently. Is it normal for this application to insert itself like this? I thought I had removed Norton after I set up my own A/V...
  9. Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite: Hello, I'm Unable to completely uninstall Norton Security Suite. When I check the Windows Defender Security Center it shows a Red icon w/ an X and asks to open Norton Security Suite When I click the Icon it shows that I have two Security Suites installed. ( I just...
  10. Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Safely Uninstall Norton Internet Security?: Since installing Norton I've got two financial websites that I can't log into with IE-11 or MS Edge. Both browsers exhibit the exact same behavior. Both browsers allow me to log in to the sites and I'm immediately logged back out! Been through all the usual routines with no...