Windows 10: how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?

Discus and support how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a laptop and a pc, the laptop is fairly new and this is the first time i've had two computers at once. when setting up my laptop, i used the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mwhiteley810, Oct 1, 2020.

1. how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?

i have a laptop and a pc, the laptop is fairly new and this is the first time i've had two computers at once. when setting up my laptop, i used the same microsoft account as the one on my pc. now, every time i install something on one, it will appear on the desktop of the other one too. the backgrounds always change together as well, and it is becoming really really annoying. is there a way for me to turn this off?

:)

mwhiteley810, Oct 1, 2020

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Oct 1, 2020
  4. how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?

Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account?

1. how can i "unlink" two computers that share the same microsoft account? - Similar Threads - unlink computers share

2. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  3. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?: Hello. I need to elaborate just a bit here.I have 2 pc's running Win10 on the same Microsoft account. Now, the differences are that one pc is a retail version of Win10, the other was the free upgrade from Win7not sure if this matters.I just did the most recent updates and...
  4. How do I unlink/unsync two computers that share the same Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I "unlink" two computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I "unlink" two computers: i have two laptops, one of the laptops is new. When setting up my new laptop, I used the same microsoft account as the old one. now, every time I install something on one, it will appear on the other one too. the backgrounds always change together as well, and it is becoming...
  6. How can I "unlink" two computers

How can I "unlink" two computers: i have two laptops, one of the laptops is new. When setting up my new laptop, I used the same microsoft account as the old one. now, every time I install something on one, it will appear on the other one too. the backgrounds always change together as well, and it is becoming...
  7. Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?: I have a account that has all my stuff but I want to use my other account. Can I have it where they share the same desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-two-microsoft-users-share-the-same-dashboard/efcd2f59-6379-4a31-a4bf-b421639939c1
  8. Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?

Can two Microsoft users share the same dashboard on windows?: I have a account that has all my stuff but I want to use my other account. Can I have it where they share the same desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-two-microsoft-users-share-the-same-dashboard/efcd2f59-6379-4a31-a4bf-b421639939c1
  9. unlink two computers on the same microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlink two computers on the same microsoft account: I have two computers. 1. One is a new computer which I set up on *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The other one is an old computer computer 2 that Dell reset and installed a new windows installation on. When I did the setup I also put it on the *** Email...
  10. Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I have two Microsoft Account Users with the same Microsoft account: I like the security and convenience of having an account with administrative privileges, which I only use for installing and changing critical settings and an account which I use for all other purposes, which does not have administrative privileges. I would like to abandon...